Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK) is a private university in Malaysia founded in 1997. Since its inception, UNIRAZAK was among the first few private learning institutions in Malaysia to receive the SIRIM certification of ISO 9001:2000. Additionally, the University has been awarded the prestigious Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status, which is a testament to the University’s commitment to integrating technology and innovation in its teaching and learning techniques. UNIRAZAK has rapidly established itself as a premier centre for education in its efforts to produce competitive and capable graduates.
The idea for the establishment of Universiti Tun Abdul Razak was mooted by Datuk Hassan Harun, the former chairman of KUB Malaysia Berhad. His strong interest and vast experience in the field of education materialised with the setting up of Maktab Adabi, in 1969. From this humble beginning, he continued to work on his vision for a bumiputra-owned private university.
Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib and members of the late Tun Abdul Razak’s family were agreeable to the establishment of the university and also the use of Tun Abdul Razak’s name for the university. The name is significant as Tun Abdul Razak is also known as the Father of Development, and the university aspires to actively contribute to the development efforts of the nation.
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak was launched on the 21st of December, 1998. Its establishment was of great significance, as it is part of a larger national agenda to liberate and democratise education in the country.
To become the Leading Institution in providing Quality Education and Human Capital in ‘niche’ areas among Emerging Economies.
To become the Centre of Excellence in fostering Managerial Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Development of Human Capital through Quality Research, Teaching and Learning, and Professional Services.
- To foster development of quality human capital in the field of managerial leadership and entrepreneurship through state of the art practices and leading edge technologies.
- To promote development of new and creative knowledge including contemporary managerial leadership and entrepreneurial practices.
- To enhance co-operations and collaborative networks through strategic alliances with focused partners.
- Passion for excellence, quality and services
- Fosters creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Practices good organizational citizenship behaviour among employees and students with integrity, respect, discipline and courtesy
- Holding accountability for our actions and exercising responsible stewardship
- Respecting the commitment towards sustainable environmental protection, social advancement and economic prosperity