UCSI University is a leading private university in Malaysia. It is ranked in the top 250-350 in the 2015 and 2016 QS Asian University Rankings. It is also rated in Tier 5 (Excellent) – the highest rating accorded to universities in Malaysia – in the Rating System for Malaysia Higher Education Institutions (SETARA). It stands out as one of Malaysia’s first private universities and it is known for its academic diversity. The University offers an eclectic range of industry-acclaimed programmes in medicine, pharmacy, engineering, applied science, business, IT, architecture, social science, music, tourism management, creative arts and design, at its campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Kuala Terengganu.
UCSI actively collaborates with many of the world’s best universities in the Ivy League, Russell Group, Universitas 21 and Australia’s Group of Eight. This extensive network provides invaluable opportunities for students and staff to contribute to the pursuit and advancement of knowledge around the world. UCSI students have been annually selected for high impact research programmes at Harvard Medical School, Imperial College London, Tsinghua University and the University of British Columbia, among others. UCSI is also synonymous with graduate employability. The University collaborates with around 4,000 global companies to provide students with at least two months of internship each year, career advice, technology transfers and job opportunities. This dynamic setting makes UCSI a university of choice and students from more than 110 nations call UCSI home.
To be an intellectually resilient praxis university renowned for its leadership in academic pursuits and engagement with the industry and the community
- To promote transformative education that empowers students from all walks of life to be successful individuals with integrity, professionalism and a desire to contribute to society
- To optimise relationships between industry and academia through the provision of education and unparalleled workplace exposure via praxis centres
- To spearhead innovation in teaching and learning excellence through unique delivery systems
- To foster a sustainable culture of research, value innovation and practice, in partnership with industries and society
- To operate ethically at the highest standards of efficiency, while instilling values of diversity and inclusiveness, to sustain the vision for future generations