Asia e University (AeU) is a flexible, international university, set in Asia by Asians for Asia, under the Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD), a body created in 2002 to promote Asian cooperation at a continental level. Established as an initiative of Malaysia, a prime mover of e-education, it is supported by 31 ACD Member Countries, as confirmed at the ACD Ministerial Meetings held in Islamabad in 2005 and Doha in 2006. AeU collaborates with Institutions of Higher Learning (IHLs) and Training Centres in the ACD Member Countries to offer quality academic and professional training programmes that are affordable and accessible.
AeU also acts as a facilitator for the mutual accreditation and recognition of degrees and academic programmes among Asian IHLs. It also acts as an enabler for IHLs in Asia to leverage on each other’s resources and facilities including sharing of academic and professional programmes.
AeU is also an instrument for greater Asia-wide cooperation and acts as a catalyst for narrowing the digital divide among communities and nations. It will actively promote e-education to meet the future human capital needs of Asia. AeU is set to open minds and offer opportunities for all in Asia.
- To be a leader and a premier educational hub in the promotion of affordable and quality eLearning in Asia.
- To work in collaboration with universities, institutions and corporations, drawing upon their collective expertise, prestige and resources to provide quality higher education and lifelong learning.
- To provide academic programmes of international reputation by capitalising on the expertise and prestige of collaborating institutions.
- To provide students with the access to relevant, affordable, cost-effective, flexible education, and training programmes.
- To develop appropriate pedagogical strategies and technologies to strengthen students’ critical thinking, creative abilities, and communication skills.
- To ensure that all programmes and courses meet the quality benchmark established in the policies and standards of eLearning best practices among member institutions.
- AeU inspires trust and cultivate responsibilities in order to create value for our clients.
- AeU inspires to excel in our services and are committed to continuous improvement.
- AeU strive to maintain the highest ethical standards and professionalism.
- AeU constantly seeks new and innovative ways of doing things.
- AeU upholds the highest standards in carrying out our duties and tasks.