Wawasan Open University (WoU) CeMBA Part-Time @ George Town
Developed as a collaborative programme by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Vancouver, and a consortium of four participating universities in Asia, this programme is designed to help professionals working as managers and supervisors in Malaysian organisations, to get an in-depth grasp of management principles and develop skills and capabilities required to function as effective executives in the highly competitive global business environment.
Class conducted at: Wawasan Open University (WOU)
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this CeMBA programme
Video conferencing support
- The video conferencing facility is available for conducting tutorials occasionally. It may also be utilised for conducting Viva Voce for student research projects under the programme. For the benefit of the students, public lectures by eminent academicians and industry experts may be organized through video conferencing.
Discussion room for Learner interaction as part of the Wawasan
- This is an interactive environment in which the students can have discussions and post questions among themselves, organise case discussions, experience sharing and other peer interaction. Students are encouraged to form learning communities to enhance their learning through sharing other’s experiences as well as learning about diverse applications of management concepts in different organisations.
Residential School cum Project Workshop (RSPW)
- A Residential School cum Project Workshop, spread over a weekend, will be organised once in each semester to provide intensive interaction with industry experts to enhance their knowledge and assist in completing their project work. In addition, the Residential School will provide a platform for learners to share experiences and establish useful networks.
- Class: Weekends Class (Part-Time)
- Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Coursework Based + Written Examinations
Why choose WOU’s CeMBA?
Programme offered as an ODL (Open Distance Learning) mode of education with attendability access and flexibility elements suited to the requirements of working adults in Malaysia.
- Content developed collaboratively through participation of COL (Commonwealth of Learning) and leading open universities in Asia.
- Effective learning supported by highly interactive and well designed learning support system, including face to face tutorials, online and telephonic tutoring, video conferencing support, threaded discussions and possible interaction with industry leaders.
- High level of application orientation through the use of case studies and project work component.
Award & Recognition
- Award of Excellence for Institutional Achievement
- Award of Excellence for Distance Education Materials
- Tier-5 or “Excellent” rating by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CeMBA) awarded by Wawasan Open University
(R/345/7/0200) (MQA/A8342) 09/17
This CeMBA program provide the presentation of course content in the Open Distance Learning (ODL) ensures that the learners do not have to dislocate from their workplace. The contemporary and highly relevant programme content is supported by online and face-to-face tutor support, video conference based interaction and Residential School cum Project Workshop. Management graduates of the programme can position themselves for middle and senior level executive positions in national and international organisations, aspire for upward mobility in their own organisations or take up challenging assignments in senior positions in industry or the services sector.
- Managing Information Systems
- Management in Organisations
- Managing Human Resources
- Operations Management
- Economic Environment of Business
- Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods
Elective Subjects (Choose Any 2)
- Electronic Commerce
- Disaster Management
- International Marketing
- Quality Management
- Project Management
- Business Law
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Islamic Banking Practices
- Islamic Capital Market 3
- Risk Management and Islamic Financial Institutions
- Project Course
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet?
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet? Request it now!
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 25,000 (Inclusive Processing and Administration Fee + Resource and Services Fee)
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: RM 5,355
- 2nd Sem: RM 7,140
- 3rd Sem: RM 7,140
- 4th Sem: RM 5,355
Total: RM 25,000
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Wawasan Open University (WOU)
|Mode of Study||
Part-Time, Weekend Class
Jan, Apr, Jul, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
10 Core Subjects + 2 Elective Subjects + 1 Project Paper
50% Coursework & 50% Written Examination
Yes, Available (4 Installments)
You may also like…
Paris Graduate School of Management, France IEMBA Part-Time @ Mantissa College TTDI, KL
This MBA prepares a student for the bigger international business environment by providing lessons on business functions, strategies, and relationships. The student will easily adapt to the ever-changing business environment by including lessons on innovation, organisational development, stakeholder relations, and leadership.
Class conducted at: Mantissa College
MUST New Professional MBA (Online) Part-Time @ Kota Damansara
Our Professional MBA program is ideal for experienced business professionals who are looking for a way to balance their work commitments while they study for a business degree online.
Class conducted at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Anglia Ruskin University, UK MBA Part-Time @ FTMS College Cyberjaya
The Anglia Ruskin University (ARU), MBA at the FTMS College is one of the top-rated modern university in UK and Europe and among the most affordable in Malaysia. Designed for busy professionals and this system frees up your weekday nights and most of your weekends to accommodate your busy schedules.
Class conducted at: FTMS College
MBA Dual Degree awarded by IUMW & University of Wales @ Kuala Lumpur
This MBA is aimed to produce successful business leaders and specialists with global perspective. It integrates diversified business approaches and methodologies. You will acquire the knowledge, techniques and ethics to become business experts equipped with skills customised towards the competitive business environment.
Class conducted at: International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)