UOW Malaysia KDU Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering @ Shah Alam
The Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering programme provides innovative training which enhances professional knowledge in a specialisation area and develops a wide range of advanced transferable skills, ensuring the development of high calibre graduates.
Class conducted in: UOW Malaysia KDU
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this Ph.D programme
- As a research-based programme, students would be trained to critically analyse a problem, design a solution (or make a discovery) and implement the solution. In that process, students would collaborate and innovate.
- With partnering overseas institutions, enabling research students to experience overseas exposure such as exchanging research findings and ideas, culture, working ethics, and many other exciting adventures.
- This Ph.D. programme is tailored to students’ choices of specialisation and thus it is encouraging for students who wish to have higher freedom in their choice of studies, as well as flexibility in terms of time management.
- Class: Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme
- Accreditation: Provisionally Accredited
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose UOW Malaysia KDU’s Ph.D?
- The nature of the programme ensures that students develop academically in their professional capability, intellectual creativity, innovation, scientific skill sets and become an independent researcher.
- Could enhance their personal attributes through personal confidence, leadership traits, communication and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduating with a Ph.D. signifies a contribution of the graduate to the community of engineering scholars around the world.
Award & Recognition
- Pioneer batch of American Credit Transfer programme students transfer to various universities across the United States.
- New schools within the college was formed and more programmes were offered.
- First in the nation to run the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) course on a full-time basis.
- Introduced the first overseas twinning programme in partnership with Middlesex Polytechnic (Middlesex University).
- Awarded Silver for the Education & Learning category in the inaugural Putra Brand Awards 2010.
- Awarded the ‘University College’ status.
- UOW Malaysia KDU is an ISO 9001:2008 and MSC certified institution.
- All programmes offered are approved by the Ministry of Education and 88.1% of its programmes are MQA-accredited.
- MQA-Accredited Programmes
- MSC Status Company
- ISO Certified for Quality
- China Embassy Accreditation
- MOHE & Kementerian Dalam Negeri Permit For Foreign Students Enrolment
- Government-Sponsored Students from Petronas, JPA, MARA, Sime Darby
2016 / 2017
- The Brandlaureate
- Most sustainable Brand Award
2016 – 2017 for Brand Excellence
- Education – Private University College Category
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering awarded by UOW Malaysia KDU
KPT/JPS (PA/8691) 11/21
This Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering programme is designed to specifically fit the busy and hectic schedule of working professionals who wish to work and study simultaneously as it allows flexible study arrangement. The skills learned in the programme are beneficial to practices in the marketplace as well as the academic field. Students who are highly independent in learning, committed to excel, and ambitious in their career progressions are strongly recommended for this programme.
Students will systematically structure and develop their research by developing a research proposal, which would guide the student through the entire research process.
A presentation session chaired by KDU with invited panel of examiners to ensure the candidate is able to articulate their research ideas and plans, as well as having the necessary skills to carry out research activities as proposed.
Upon the approval of the research proposal, under the guidance of their supervisors, student will work independently on their research projects.
Upon completion of their research, students will document the research project and process in a thesis. Typically, thesis for PHD should not be more than 80,000 words.
Upon completion of research and thesis, candidate will undergo an oral presentation, chaired by experts in the field.
- Engineering research field areas.
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- Master Degree
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Completion of Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Credit (SPM / 1119 / UEC / O Levels Examination) / Min. score of Band 4 in MUET.
- Band 5.5 in IELTS; or a score of 196 (computer-based) or 69 (internet-based); or 525 (paper-based) in TOEFL.
Payment Plan Options
Original Course Fee: RM 17,700 (Inclusive Tuition, Registration, Resource, Caution and Exam fees)
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: RM 5,300
- 2nd Sem: RM 3,800
- 3rd Sem: RM 3,800
- 4th Sem: RM 4,800
Total : RM 17,700
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
UOW Malaysia KDU
36 Months, 72 Months
|Mode of Study||
Jan, May, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
Engineering Field of Research Areas
Yes, Available (9 Installment)
You may also like…
MMU Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Engineering @ Cyberjaya/Melaka
This Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Engineering programme assures students an opportunity of extensive training in research so that they are capable of working independently and creatively. Graduates are expected to possess strong practical and theoretical knowledge to conduct research works and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their respective fields.
Class conducted at: Multimedia University (MMU)
MUST Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering @ Kota Damansara
PhD of Engineering is a doctoral degree awarded on the basis of advanced study and research in engineering or applied sciences.This doctorate programme keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to societal needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation.
Class conducted at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Asia Pacific University PhD in Engineering @ APU Kuala Lumpur
The PhD in Engineering keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to social needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation and provides professionals in-depth knowledge of Engineering, thus shaping the ability to solve research and engineering problems effectively.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
UNITEN PhD in Engineering (Structure A) @ Putrajaya
PhD in Engineering is a full research program where candidates are given unique opportunity to follow their interest in a specialized area of research (including major research areas of electrical, electronics, mechanical and civil engineering) for 2-7 years and make an important academic contribution to the knowledge of chosen research area. Prospective students are future researcher/ academician in university and/or research institution, R & D Engineer, Engineering Specialist and techno-pruner.
Class conducted at: Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
Monash University, Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) @ Subang Jaya
Monash Engineering operates at the forefront of engineering research. This programme takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a PhD for the 21st century. The program consists of extensive, independent research of a topic formulated in consultation with academic staff.
Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Class conducted in: Monash University