UNITEN Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering Full-Time @ Putrajaya
Students who choose to obtain a doctoral degree in engineering are expected to perform research that is both excellent and creative, while also bringing up new concepts or problems within the engineering community.
A PhD in engineering signifies an expert in the field of engineering. Usually PhD professionals decide to commit their careers to research or teaching.
Class conducted at: Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this PhD programme
- Pursuing a PhD is beneficial to international students looking to further their education and put themselves ahead of the average graduate.
- Enhance students’ competencies in contributing to the existing body of knowledge, innovation and creation of new knowledge and techniques.
- Equip students with strong theoretical and methodological foundations and to develop their ability to conduct research independently.
- Provide students with intensive advanced training in research that leads to the highest level of scholarly achievement.
- Class: Weekend class
- Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose UNITEN’s PhD?
Once completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Contribute to the advancement of scientific body of knowledge in engineering and related fields.
- Lead research and to express the results in scientific forums.
- Foster Innovation of new ideas, methods and techniques in science and engineering.
- Practice engineering in support of the design of engineering systems through the application of the acquired knowledge, skills, and tools pertinent to engineering.
- Systematically review, analyze, assimilate and interpret the body of scientific literature and innovations in their discipline area.
Award & Recognition
- The Golden Europe Award for Quality and Commercial Prestige
- International Standard Quality Award (ISQ) 2011 for Quality College and Universities
- The Brandlaureate 2010-2011 Best Brand in Tertiary Education – Engineering
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
PhD in Engineering awarded by Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
This PhD in Engineering programme is designed in order to provide fundamental and advanced knowledge and expertise in order to produce competent, creative and imaginative engineers with a strong scientific acumen. Besides that, it also build to promote independent and collaborative work, while demonstrating the professional and ethical responsibilities of the engineering profession.
By the end of the PhD, students are expected to have produced original work making a significant contribution to knowledge in the field of engineering and they will develop of intellectual property by publishing articles in high impact factor journals, conference proceedings, patents, etc.
- Work in some sort of research role: whether it is at a lab, university, or a specific center that specializes in an engineering project.
- Teaching at a college.
- Open their own business as an entrepreneur focusing on technology and engineering.
- Dedicate their expertise to industrial or government research labs.
Key Research Area
All research areas of Electrical/Electronic Engineering and specialize sub areas:
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Renewable Energy and Sustainability, Automation and embedded computing system, Signal Processing and Control Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering, System and Machine Intelligence, Photonics Technologies, Micro and Nano Engineering, Distributed Generation, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, Power System Analysis, Power Quality, High Voltage Systems.
Automotive, Mechanical Design & Mechanics, Robotics and Mechatronics, Control and Automation, Renewable Energy and Sustainability, Thermal System and Energy, Advanced Materials, Advanced Nuclear Technology, Sea to Space.
Construction materials science and engineering, Environmental and wastewater engineering, Geotechnical and geological engineering, Water resources engineering, Structural engineering, Highway and transportation Engineering, Forensic Engineering, Project Management.
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- Masters in the relevant domain ; or
- Masters in a related domain with 2 year experience in the domain, including at least 2 publications in the domain;
- Bachelor degree holder with CGPA 3.67 from recognized university and registered for Master program (structure A) for 6 months to 1 year (full time) or 1 to 2 years (part time) can apply for conversion to PhD subject to assessments and approval.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 4,750 (Exclusive all the following fees as stated below)
Registration Fees (Payable Once): RM 830
Caution Deposit (Payable Once): RM 300
Student Card (Payable Once): RM 80
Library Fee (Per Semester): RM 260
Service Fee (Per Semester): RM 260
Student's Activity Fee (Per Semester): RM 260
Medical Insurance (Per Year): RM 130
Examination Fee: RM 2,500
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: RM 1,188
- 2nd Sem: RM 1,188
- 3rd Sem: RM 1,188
- 4th Sem: RM 1,188
Total: RM 4,750
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
|Mode of Study||
Full-Time, Weekend Class
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
Yes, Available (4 Installments)
You may also like…
MUST Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering @ Kota Damansara
PhD of Engineering is a doctoral degree awarded on the basis of advanced study and research in engineering or applied sciences.This doctorate programme keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to societal needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation.
Class conducted at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
Asia Pacific University PhD in Engineering @ APU Kuala Lumpur
The PhD in Engineering keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to social needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation and provides professionals in-depth knowledge of Engineering, thus shaping the ability to solve research and engineering problems effectively.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)