Taylor’s Master in Finance (MFin) Part-Time @ Subang Jaya
With Master in Finance (MFin), you’ll gain comprehensive training and highly marketable skills towards a privileged position in the finance industry. MFin provides a solid understanding of financial management principles and their application to corporate financial policy, as well as financial markets. MFin’s coursework focuses on equipping you with appropriate skills for analysing and interpreting developments in financial practice.
Class conducted in: Taylor’s University
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this programme
- Able to gain exposure through an international learning experience and build global networking opportunities
- Develop comprehensive knowledge and skills in key areas of Business and Management
- Provides interactive learning experience with real world applications
- Industry-Driven Courses accredited by MQA, MOHE, KPT and JPA
- Complete 11 Modules & 1 Research Project in 18 months programme
- Assessment of the course included 60% coursework and 40% written examination
- Accredited and Recognized Worldwide
- Courses taught by senior faculty with wide business and professional experience
- Practical Learning with Outstanding Networking
- Aim to advance your career, develop entrepreneurial skills & global business expertise
- Class: 2 Weekdays Evening Classes per week
- Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, JPA & MOHE
- Assessment: 60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Why choose Taylor’s University’s MBA?
- Through this Master in Finance (MFin), you will develop comprehensive knowledge and skills in key areas of business, that will guide you to make smart choices about your future.
- The theory taught is balanced with applied and practical content. You will gain highly marketable knowledge, business skills and the analytical approaches essential for the development of critical thinking.
- The programme has been developed through extensive consultation and taught by senior faculty with wide business and professional experience.
- Our Distinguished Speaker Series programme provides you with exclusive opportunities to meet the top industry players.
- You will also able to gain exposure through an international learning experience and build global networking opportunities.
- Greater prospects for promotion
- Broadened career opportunities
- Long term prospects and security
Award & Recognition
- Rated Outstanding (Tier 6) under the D-Setara system
- Won Putra Brand Awards – The People’s Choice For Six Consecutive Years From 2010 to 2016
- Named Putra Brand Icon
- Rated 5 QS Stars in 2015
- Ranked #179 in Asia by QS University Rankings
- Rated Excellent (Tier 5) in The 2013 Rating For Higher Education Institutions in Malaysia (SETARA ’13)
- Voted Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award For Six Consecutive Years From 2010 to 2016
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Taylor's Master in Finance awarded by Taylor's University
KPT/JPS (R/343/7/0718) (MQA/A11525) 09/20
The Master in Finance (MFin) programme aims to enhance graduate capabilities through:
- Extensive applications of finance theory
- Detailed knowledge of the operations and activities of financial markets
- A practical and career-oriented programme
- Enhanced knowledge of financial management principles and application to corporate financial policy
- A thorough understanding of financial markets
- An applied knowledge of various specialised aspects of the finance industry
The MFin programme will normally be completed in 18 months of part-time study or the maximum time permitted for completion is 5 years. Our MFin programme is designed to provide students with the flexibility of working full-time and the ability to complete a postgraduate qualification without disrupting their current employment. With this MFin qualification, a whole new world of opportunities and career options are now open to you. From career positions within investment banking, asset management, private wealth management, corporate banking, venture capital and private equity, you will now possess the in-depth knowledge and skills to get ahead in various sectors of the financial industry.
Our MFin is accredited by the Ministry of Education with external examiners from reputable universities vetting thesis and reviewing programmes. A Taylor’s postgraduate degree will increase your academic standing and depth of knowledge in your chosen field, greatly enhancing your employability in a competitive job market. Taylor’s University welcomes people with diverse backgrounds, contributing to a fascinating culture. We are committed to delivering the highest quality teaching and research in relevant topics that have the potential to influence the commercial world. In addition, we offer an environment conducive for study and work such as:
- Small class size.
- Dedicated lounge.
- Discussion rooms and Research area.
- Low student to supervisor ratio 4:1 for research programmes (on average).
- Dynamic interaction with students who are leaders in their industry.
- Swimming pool, gymnasium and other sports facilities for students to enjoy a healthy student life.
Taylor’s Master in Finance (MFin) is made up of four (4) core modules, five (5) specialist modules, two (2) elective modules and a research project.
- Accounting For Decision Making
- Managerial Economics
- Organisational Management
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Corporate Financial Policy
- International Finance
- Investment Management
- Islamic Finance
- Money, Banking And Financial Markets
Elective Subjects (Choose Any 2)
- Financial Planning
- Final Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership and the Management of Change
- Business Strategy Project OR Research Methodology for Executive
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a min. CGPA 2.75, recognised by the Malaysian and National Government
- A Bachelor's Degree with a 2.50 ≤ CGPA < 2.75, recognized by the Malaysian Government or National Government, AND a minimum 5 years related work experience
You must include supporting evidence of your English proficiency if your first language is not English, or if your undergraduate degree was not taught entirely in the English language.
Your supporting evidence of English proficiency can be fulfilled in one of the following forms:
- International English Language Test (IELTS) - overall band 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - iBT 88
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) - Band 5
- Taylor’s English Entrance Test (EET) - overall score 6.5
*Conditional offer is considered on case-by-case basis, subject to interview by the Programme Director / Deputy Dean / Dean of Taylor’s Business School.
Payment Plan Options
Total Course Fees: RM 54,274 (can pay by Semester Installments)
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Criteria of Eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA ≥ 3.00 from any recognized local / foreign universities
- Below 45 years of age at the time of application
- Secured offer letter of Master’s Degree by research admission at Taylor’s University
- Interview and written assessment are required
- 75% tuition fee waiver for a maximum of 24 months for full-time studies OR 50% tuition fee waiver for a maximum of 36 months for part-time studies
- 100% thesis examination fee waiver
- Monthly stipend of RM 1500 (Full-time student only)
- Specific Terms & Condition
- Must submit one (1) article accepted in Citation Index Journal (CIJ) by Graduation
- Require maximum five (5) working hours per week (Full-time student only) - duties can be in the form of leading tutorial session, conducting mini lectures, supervising undergraduate projects, laboratory class demonstration and / or any other assigned task deemed suitable by the school
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Taylor's University, Malaysia
|Mode of Study||
Evening Class, Part-Time, Weekday Class
Feb, May, Jul, Oct
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
11 Subjects & 1 Research Project
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (Semester Installments)
Early Bird Discount: RM 5,000 *Terms and conditions refer to Taylor's University.
You may also like…
UNITEN Master of Science in Finance (Structure A) @ Muadzam Shah / Putrajaya
MSc in Finance programme is particularly relevant for those interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, financial research and financial trading. The programme is specifically designed for those who are interested to become researchers, academics and consultants in a variety of business and management disciplines. In exceptional circumstances graduates from other disciplines can be considered.
Class conducted at: Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
University of Nottingham, UK MBA (Finance) Part-Time @ Kuala Lumpur
This MBA (Finance) programme is a top quality, AMBA-accredited Master programme which is highly valued by corporations worldwide and widely recognised as an ideal preparation for senior positions in both the public and private sectors. Our graduates are highly sought after in the job market, with many alumni holding senior management positions both in Malaysia and internationally.
Class conducted in: The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Staffordshire University, UK Master of Finance Dual Degree Awarded @ APU Kuala Lumpur
This degree is intended for finance professional looking to widen their skill base, or students who have made a professional commitment to pursue a career in the finance industry and who have studied finance in an undergraduate degree and are interested in equipping with the most comprehensive array of analytical tools and techniques.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
Limkokwing MBA in Finance & Banking @ Cyberjaya
The programme is designed to help students to acquire the knowledge of financial management, advanced skills in accessing financial risk and rewards, so that they can direct organisations in ways that optimize their value and enhances their skills and business acumen. Students will study courses in areas like portfolio management, global finance, financial markets, corporate financial analysis, decision making and learn to apply financial theories to real decisions.
Class conducted at: Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
Nilai University MBA (Banking And Finance) @ Nilai
This MBA develops a working knowledge of the key concepts involve in the managing of banks and financial services firms. Students will also get to learn about the evolution of money and capital market as well as gain the ability to analyse the operations of banks and other financial services firms.
Class conducted at: Nilai University