Staffordshire University, UK Master of Philosophy in Engineering Dual Degree Awarded @ APU Kuala Lumpur
With engineers forming an integral part of any organization looking to increase efficiency or create a better product through a creative, innovative solution, engineering graduates are likely to find themselves in high demand across a wide range of sectors.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this M.Phil programme
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Understanding of how to innovate, generate and manage the creation of new ideas.
- In-depth knowledge of a certain domain of knowledge, that is related to engineering.
- Advanced research experience and skills that enable students to pursue a PhD programme.
- Class: Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme
- Accreditation: Provisionally Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose APU’s M.Phil?
- The knowledge and practical experience gained during your studies will prepare you to move into engineering, your capabilities will be recognised and valued whatever sector you choose to enter after graduation.
- Develop your ability to understand, manage and deliver complex professional projects within your chosen engineering discipline.
- This programme is structured to help you develop a sense of independence and confidence in your ability to think critically and conduct fundamental or applied research. Regardless of your specialisation, you will engage with a stimulating mix of theory and analysis, setting you apart in your pursuit of higher-level opportunities.
Award & Recognition
- 1 Silver Award for the Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2017
- Gold Medal for International Intellectual Exposition 2017
- Gold Medal for Science and Engineering Design Exhibition Cum Competition (SEDEX) 2016
- Silver Award for Invention & Innovation Competition for Private Institutions of Higher Learning(PERINTIS) 2016
- Distinction Award for ‘Software Program Design and Development’ 2015
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master of Philosophy in Engineering - Dual Degree Awarded by Asia Pacific University, Malaysia & Staffordshire University, UK
KPT/JPS (N/520/7/0071) (MQA/PA6112) 04/20
This Master of Philosophy in Engineering programme is conducted by research and is assessed via oral presentations and reports at various junctures, including a Proposal Defence, regular half-yearly progress monitoring at research colloquiums, Work Completion Defence, Thesis Examination and Viva Voce.
- Academic / Lecturer
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Product Design and Developer
- R&D Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Engineering Consultant
Conversion to PhD
Students of the MPhil programme may convert their MPhil into a PhD candidate if they satisfy all the criteria below:
- Display excellent progress in their research.
- Able to demonstrate the potential of their project to be expended to PhD level.
- Pass a rigorous assessment.
Successful conversion means that the student will no longer be an MPhil candidate but will instead become a PhD candidate with their candidature start date backdated to their original MPhil registration date. Hence, it allows the student to gain a PhD award within a shorter timeframe, without the need to complete a Masters programme.
Ideally, student works with potential supervisors to develop proposal.
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field not meeting CGPA 2.75 but above CGPA 2.50 in related field; can be accepted provided that candidates have at least 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 25,200 + £ 250 = Approx RM 26,575* (Exclusive Enrolment Fees, Registration Fees, and Miscellaneous Fees)
Staffordshire University Fee* = (£ 250)
- Payable upon commencement
- Full Payment: RM 25,200
- Instalment Plan Breakdown: RM 8,780 x 3 Instalments
- Monthly Payment: RM 1,920 x 14 Months
A fee of RM 500 (non-refundable) is payable upon enrollment.
Student ID Card
A fee of RM 30 is required for the Student ID Card.
The following is payable for the use of library facilities:
- Library Deposit (refundable): RM 400
- Library Fees: RM 300 (for Full-Time students only)
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU), Staffordshire University, UK
18 Months, 29 Months
|Mode of Study||
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
Research Areas + 1 Taught Subject on Research Methodology
Yes, Available (3 Installments)
10% discount is given to students who get CGPA at least 3.20 in their undergraduate studies
You may also like…
MMU Master of Engineering in Embedded System @ Melaka
Embedded systems are single purpose computers that normally perform very specific tasks only with emphasise on cost, power and speed. Since tight integration of application specific hardware and software are required, embedded systems require formal design techniques.
Presently, the global embedded systems market is estimated to worth USD 20 billion with fast expanding outlook. The need for engineers and professionals in embedded system is therefore tremendous. At such, a retraining in this field for working engineers will be very rewarding indeed.
Class conducted at: Multimedia University (MMU)