SEGi University Master in Financial Planning (MFP) @ Kota Damansara
The Master in Financial Planning (MFP) is for professionals who would like to acquire a broad range of financial planning skills. This programme provides students with essential background material such as methodologies, techniques and tools in systems analysis and design, business and financial planning alignment, and requirement analysis.
Class conducted at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at SEGi University?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this MFP programme?
- Exemptions up to a maximum of 7 core subjects for RFP, Shariah RFP & CFP professionals.
- Master in Financial Planning (MFP) + Registered Financial Planner (RFP) – Obtain two qualifications in one programme.
- Earn a Master in Financial Planning from one of Malaysia’s most respected university.
- This programme in collaboration with Malaysian Financial Planning Council is industry relevant.
- Taught by qualified and experienced lecturers.
At a Glance
Saturday, Weekend Class
Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
60% Coursework & 40% Exam Based
Why choose SEGi University’s MFP?
- Equip learners with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of financial legislation and regulations related to the financial planning industry in Malaysia.
- Strengthen the interpersonal skills of learners to enable them to develop and maintain successful client relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Improve learner’s competencies and skills in management, marketing, accounting and finance.
- Develop learner’s quantitative and analytical skills to enable them to address complex financial situations.
- Expose learner’s to hands-on applications of financial planning technology and tools.
Awards & Recognitions
- Putra Brand Awards
(Silver 2013- 2015: Education & Learning)
(Bronze 2012,2016 & 2017: Education & Learning)
- MRCA Crown Awards
(Outstanding Innovation Award 2014)
- Students Choice Awards 2015
(Top 10 Universities)
- 3rd Global Leadership Award 2013
(Leadership in Educational & Training Excellence)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2012
(Most Promising Entrepreneur)
- The BrandLaureate Best Brand Award 2010-2011
(Education Tertiary Private)
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master in Financial Planning (MFP) awarded by SEGI University
(R/343/7/0195) (MQA/A11443) 10/20
Master in Financial Planning (MFP) is an independent body set up with the noble objective of promoting nationwide development and enhancement of the financial planning profession. MFPC provides an evolving set of Best Practice Standards and Code of Ethics that must be adhered to by Registered Financial Planner (RFP) and Shariah RFP designees. This requirement is aimed at ensuring that the public will be served with the highest quality of financial planning services. MFPC was registered on 10th of March 2004 under the Societies Act, 1996. The Registered Financial Planner (RFP) programme was launched by the Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz in November 2002.
The RFP designation was approved by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) as the prerequisite qualification to apply for the Financial Advisers’ License and Financial Advisers’ Representative License. RFP designation was also approved by Securities Commission Malaysia for the application of the Capital Markets Services License (CMSL) in view of the introduction of the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007.
Financial Planners take up the challenging task of helping clients to identify financial goals and ways to achieve them profitably. In view of constant changes in taxation laws, complex banking instruments and diverse insurance solutions, financial planners need to upgrade their knowledge and skills in order to serve the more educated populace. The Master in Financial Planning has been developed by SEGi University in collaboration with the Malaysian Financial Planning Council to give both experienced and new professionals the cutting edge advantage. This programme will equip students with a broad range of financial technical knowledge as well as professional soft skills that are necessary for professionals to take on the financial complexities in this modern era.
In collaboration with:
As graduates of the programme, you can explore careers such as:
- Financial Planner
- Agency Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Consultant
- Investment Broker
- Chief financial Officer
- Employee of Financial Institutions
- Fundamental of Financial Planning
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Accounting for Managers
- Entrepreneurship Practices and Process
- Managing in the International Economy
- Financial and Investment Planning
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Taxation Planning
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning Project
- Research Methodology in Financial Planning
Would you like to get an MFP Booklet?
Would you like to get an MFP Booklet? Request it now!
SEGi was established in 1977 as Systematic College in the heart of Kuala Lumpur offering professional qualifications. Since its founding four decades ago, SEGi has undergone significant growth, strengthening the quality of its wide range of programmes from foundation to doctorate level.
It is one of the most established private higher education institutions in Malaysia with its flagship campus located in Kota Damansara and four other campuses are in Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Kuching. Currently, SEGi has a population of 25,000 local and international students across its campuses.
SEGi is recognized as “The first Malaysian University that earned 5 Stars for prioritizing society’s needs in Malaysia” by QS Stars, an international evaluation system for universities based on auditing.
Would you like to get an Institution Profile?
Would you like to get an Institution Profile? Request it now!
SEGi's DBA programme complemented my then 22 years of working experience as an engineer and a manager. The comprehensive learning experience has contributed to my understanding of professional practices and enhanced my personal development as a business practitioner. I am truly honoured with my achievements at SEGi and am indebted to the programme facilitators as SEGi for their guidance and support.
The environment at SEGi is very conducive and the professors are very friendly. These are the reasons that make me love this university and this country. Segi has widened my horizons beyond the confines of a classroom.
It's my pleasure to be a student of SEGI University, from MBA till DBA, with the help of my supervisor and GSB lectures. Both my knowledge and skills growth rapidly. I enjoy here, that why after graduate MBA, I taken DBA here again. I believe I can be better me with such a good environment, nice lectures and classmates.
SEGi university can provides me a great opportunity to acquire knowledge of management. Also, I can gain skills in communication and leadership. With the knowledge and skills, I can have better career development and strong competition in the workplace. I jumped into Segi to study MBA. After the graduation of my master's degree, I continue to study a doctoral degree now.
I have never regretted the decision to continue my MBA studies with SEGi. I would like to convey my gratitude to Mr Sum and Mr Lim who had gone the extra miles to guide us and had made MBA fun for us. MBA indeed had widen my perspective and prep me better for my career growth.
Would you like to have some Student Profiles?
Would you like to have some Student Profiles? Request it now!
Why Study MFP at SEGi University?
Top-notch resources for a quality learning experience:
- We work with some of the world’s most prestigious universities from the United Kingdom and Australia to develop a knowledge-rich and industry-relevant curriculum.
- Each SEGi campus is equipped with a well-stocked library that includes books, web databases and other electronic resources for students’ use.
Business & Accounting Centre of Excellence
- We have established a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for SEGi University Kota Damansara, to ensure a world-class tertiary education for our business and accounting students.
Esteemed Industry Advisors
- In line with our brand promise to provide a complete learning experience, we work closely with reputable industry advisors to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and experience.
Partnerships with Industry
- SEGi University & Colleges establish strong links with key industry players from a wide range of fields to provide access to internships and job opportunities for our students.
Cutting-edge computer labs
- Our business and accounting students have access to the computer labs, which double as a research and resource tool to aid students in class assignments and data analyses.
Read the full institution profile at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
Would you like to book a Campus Visit?
Would you like to book a Campus Visit? Book it now!
- You must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.50 CGPA or its equivalent.
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution.
- Other equivalent qualification as recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 CGPA minimum, you may still gain entry with 5 years working experience in a relevant field.
- Non-degree holders may apply through the Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) process. Typically, you should be at least 30 years of age with a diploma or STPM equivalent.
* Please note that the application for APEL is made to the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
* Finance graduates may be eligible for credit transfers.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 32,100
- Registration Fee: RM 500
- Enrolment & Admin Fees: RM 500
- Security Deposit: RM 300
- 1st Year Facilities Fees: RM 3,000
- 1st Year Total Misc. Fees: RM 4,300
- Total Subsequent Years Facilities Fees: RM1,000
Total: RM 37,400 (Can be paid by Monthly Instalments)
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
20 months instalments available.
- Monthly Instalment: RM 1,610
- Last Instalment: RM 1,510
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
|Mode of Study||
Jan, May, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Fully Accredited
11 Core Modules + 1 Thesis
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (Monthly Installments)
RM 1,000 (For early bird registration), RM 2,000 (For grant rebate)