SEGi University Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) @ Kota Damansara
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme is a combination of coursework and research programme for management practitioners and professionals who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to practice and/or policy.
Class conducted at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at SEGi University?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this DBA programme?
- The industry-relevant and innovative programme are constantly updated and adapted to meet the needs of an ever-changing business world.
- Developing global business professionals with skills and knowledge in line with industry and the business community.
- Exposed to a variety of learning methods including lectures, seminars, workshops, presentations and practical experience in laboratories and on the job.
- Draws a large number of top-notch academics and captains of industries into its community, who serve as academic advisors, lecturers, examiners and moderators.
At a Glance
Saturday, Weekend Class
Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
60% Coursework & 40% Exam Based
Why choose SEGi Univesity’s DBA?
- Our modules emphasise interdisciplinary understanding and application of knowledge, crucial for management from a global perspective.
- The programme shapes you to be all rounded, well informed and prepared to venture into the business world.
- SEGi DBA is a research-based degree at the highest-level business qualification attainable.
- Offering a quality programme that is flexible and that produce competent graduates.
Awards & Recognitions
- Putra Brand Awards
(Silver 2013- 2015: Education & Learning)
(Bronze 2012,2016 & 2017: Education & Learning)
- MRCA Crown Awards
(Outstanding Innovation Award 2014)
- Students Choice Awards 2015
(Top 10 Universities)
- 3rd Global Leadership Award 2013
(Leadership in Educational & Training Excellence)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2012
(Most Promising Entrepreneur)
- The BrandLaureate Best Brand Award 2010-2011
(Education Tertiary Private)
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Doctor of Business Administration awarded by SEGI University
(R/340/8/0627) (MQA/A10550) 3/20
Acquiring a Doctor of Business Administration
In order to operate a business, acquiring knowledge in business administration is definitely a wise choice to establish your business fundamentals. The business environment today demands professionals who are business savvy with expert knowledge. The highly acclaimed and internationally recognised DBA programme is intended for enterprising individuals seeking to combine their expertise with management skills.
Considered as a strategic initiative in the Business School, it paves a way for senior managers to deepen their knowledge and skills to meet the intellectual and professional demands of organisations.
As graduates of this programme, you’re expected to make a key contribution to global business practices. Hence, the coursework relates to leadership, change, finance and process management, as well as research methodologies.
The overall aims of the programme are to:
- Provide significant contribution and enhancement of professional practice through the application of existing knowledge and theoretical frameworks.
- Focus on existing real business issues through critical review and systematic application of theory and research knowledge to professional practice.
- Provide a significant opportunity for considerable personal development to achieve higher level effectiveness as a professional practitioner.
- Management Theory & Policies
- Organizational Behaviour. Theory and Advanced Practices
- Strategic HRM & Leadership
- Advanced Practices in Strategic Marketing Management
- International Business and Globalization
- Advanced Financial Management
- Strategic Change and Quality Management
- Financial Accounting and Corporate Governance
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Advanced Data Analysis
- Research Proposal
- DBA Thesis
Would you like to get an DBA Booklet?
Would you like to get an DBA Booklet? Request it now!
SEGi was established in 1977 as Systematic College in the heart of Kuala Lumpur offering professional qualifications. Since its founding four decades ago, SEGi has undergone significant growth, strengthening the quality of its wide range of programmes from foundation to doctorate level.
It is one of the most established private higher education institutions in Malaysia with its flagship campus located in Kota Damansara and four other campuses are in Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Kuching. Currently, SEGi has a population of 25,000 local and international students across its campuses.
SEGi is recognized as “The first Malaysian University that earned 5 Stars for prioritizing society’s needs in Malaysia” by QS Stars, an international evaluation system for universities based on auditing.
Would you like to get an Institution Profile?
Would you like to get an Institution Profile? Request it now!
SEGi's DBA programme complemented my then 22 years of working experience as an engineer and a manager. The comprehensive learning experience has contributed to my understanding of professional practices and enhanced my personal development as a business practitioner. I am truly honoured with my achievements at SEGi and am indebted to the programme facilitators as SEGi for their guidance and support.
The environment at SEGi is very conducive and the professors are very friendly. These are the reasons that make me love this university and this country. Segi has widened my horizons beyond the confines of a classroom.
It's my pleasure to be a student of SEGI University, from MBA till DBA, with the help of my supervisor and GSB lectures. Both my knowledge and skills growth rapidly. I enjoy here, that why after graduate MBA, I taken DBA here again. I believe I can be better me with such a good environment, nice lectures and classmates.
SEGi university can provides me a great opportunity to acquire knowledge of management. Also, I can gain skills in communication and leadership. With the knowledge and skills, I can have better career development and strong competition in the workplace. I jumped into Segi to study MBA. After the graduation of my master's degree, I continue to study a doctoral degree now.
I have never regretted the decision to continue my MBA studies with SEGi. I would like to convey my gratitude to Mr Sum and Mr Lim who had gone the extra miles to guide us and had made MBA fun for us. MBA indeed had widen my perspective and prep me better for my career growth.
Would you like to have some Student Profiles?
Would you like to have some Student Profiles? Request it now!
Why Study DBA at SEGi University?
Top-notch resources for a quality learning experience:
- We work with some of the world’s most prestigious universities from the United Kingdom and Australia to develop a knowledge-rich and industry-relevant curriculum.
- Each SEGi campus is equipped with a well-stocked library that includes books, web databases and other electronic resources for students’ use.
Business & Accounting Centre of Excellence
- We have established a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for SEGi University Kota Damansara, to ensure a world-class tertiary education for our business and accounting students.
Esteemed Industry Advisors
- In line with our brand promise to provide a complete learning experience, we work closely with reputable industry advisors to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and experience.
Partnerships with Industry
- SEGi University & Colleges establish strong links with key industry players from a wide range of fields to provide access to internships and job opportunities for our students.
Cutting-edge computer labs
- Our business and accounting students have access to the computer labs, which double as a research and resource tool to aid students in class assignments and data analyses.
Read the full institution profile at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
Would you like to book a Campus Visit?
Would you like to book a Campus Visit? Book it now!
- Have an MBA degree or equivalent from an approved University;
- Have 5 years’ full-time management or professional equivalent work experience which are deemed acceptable by the Graduate School of Business (GSB); and
- submit a proposed research topic in an area acceptable to GSB.
All applicants must submit a 1,000-word outline of a proposed research topic as part of their admission application. The 1,000-word outline will be considered as an additional basis for assessing the applicants’ suitability for the programme, as well as the applicants’ proficiency in English.
Additionally, applicants may be required to attend a personal interview with the Dean prior to acceptance into the programme. The final decision concerning the eligibility and acceptability of qualifications and research areas for the DBA programme rests with GSB, SEGi University.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 50,100
- Registration Fee: RM 500
- Enrolment & Admin Fees: RM 500
- Security Deposit: RM 300
- 1st Year Facilities Fees: RM 3,000
- 1st Year Total Misc. Fees: RM 4,300
- Total Subsequent Years Facilities Fees: 4,000
Total: RM 58,400 (Can be paid by Monthly Instalments)
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
30 months instalments available.
- Monthly Instalment: RM 1,670
- Last Instalment: RM 1,670
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
|Mode of Study||
Jan, May, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Fully Accredited
10 Modules + 1 DBA Thesis
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (Monthly Installments)
RM 1,000 (For early bird registration), RM 3,000 (For grant rebate)