Open University Malaysia Online MBA @ Kuala Lumpur
This online MBA programme is designed to enhance the managerial skills and capability in managing organisations efficiently and effectively. The OUM Online MBA provides the opportunity for the working adults to enhance their managerial skills and competencies without sacrificing their professional and career development.
Ultimately, the Online MBA programme is to prepare professionals with business qualifications which will in turn give them diverse and interesting career opportunities in any industries.
Class conducted at: Open University Malaysia (OUM)
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this MBA programme
BLENDED LEARNING METHODOLOGY
Tutorials were conducted where students have the opportunity to physically meet their tutors and discussed their subject and their assignment
Students are required to participate in an online forum using a learning management system and discussed among each other’s and with their tutors and peers on their subject matters and on their assignment.
Self-Managed Learning Module
Students do not have to come over for their tutorials but they still need to come for their tests. They learn by using participating in the learning management system and using their own modules.
The learning materials are designed in downloadable formats that can be accessed using a desktop or laptop computer. Students then opt to transfer these contents into a handphone to view them. One needs a handphone equipped with the necessary features.
- Class: No Physical Lecture Class, Fully Online Programme
- Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Coursework Based + Written Examinations
Why choose OUM’s MBA?
Degrees that are recognised and respected worldwide
- Programmes cover a wide range of disciplines and all are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). Many of the programmes are also offered by international universities to their students – further proof of the OUM quality.
Easy-friendly learning system
- The virtual learning environment that is managed by the OUM Learning Management System (myINSPIRE) provides learners with learning experience almost similar to a normal classroom. Learners can interact with their peers, tutors and facilitators as well as to access course materials and the digital library. They can also access key information such as academic records, timetable and latest information.
The very best learning resources
- Learners can study from printed modules or access our learning resources online. Some examples of online resources include interactive study materials, quizzes, video lectures and discussion forums.
Award & Recognition
- Best Paper Award (20Th Asian Association of Open University (AAOU) Annual Conference, Kunming, China
- Award of Excellence for Distance Education Materials, Learning Skills for open and Distance Learning, the Commonwealth of Learning
- Multimedia Super Corridor Asia Pacific ICT Awards – Best of Education and Training
- (SETARA’11) has rated OUM as a Tier 5 (Excellent) institution.
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Online MBA awarded by Open University Malaysia
The Online MBA programme contributes both theoretical and practical foundations for understanding the main roles, principles, processes and skills that linkage with the management of resources and issues in an organisation/ country. It grants the knowledge of business best concepts and practices which can be implemented by the organisation to attain high-productivity performance and profits.
The objectives of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) are to:
- Enhance students managerial competencies and add value on current managerial knowledge.
- Sharpen students analytical and conceptual skills.
- Improve students employability and managerial career development.
- Managerial Economics
- Organization and Business Management
- Accounting for Business Decision Making
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- Business Law
- Business Research Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- IT for Managers
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Service Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
B. Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Planning, Recruitment & Selection
- Industrial Relations
- Human Resource Development
- Compensation Management
- Enterprise Development
- Small Business Management
- New Venture Development
D. Healthcare Management
- Hospital Administration
- Clinical Decision Making
- Healthcare Management
- Health Economics
E. Occupational Safety and Health Risk Management
- Risk Management
- Management System
- Emergency Management
F. Project Management
- Principles of Project Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Cost Analysis and Appraisal
G. Finance (Choose Any 4)
- Basic Concept of Islamic Finance
- Islamic Financial Management
- Islamic Financial System
- Investment Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Bank Management
H. Aviation Management
- Airline Route Planning Management
- Airport Management and Operations
- Air Law & Regulations
- Global Issues in the Airline Industry
OPTION 1: With Major - 4 Electives Subjects (Choose One Major)
- Any 4 Elective Subjects from any of above
OPTION 2: (Coursework & Project)
- Any 2 of the Elective Subjects in the chosen major
- Masters Project in the chosen majoring, with the exception of MBA-General
OPTION 3: (Coursework Only)
- Any 4 Elective Subjects in the chosen major (choose 1 major)
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet?
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet? Request it now!
- Bachelor degree in any field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as accepted by Senate; OR
- Bachelor degree in any field with CGPA less than 2.50, can be accepted with a minimum of 5 years working experience
- The candidate should be more than 30 years of age in the year of application; AND
- STPM / Recognised Diploma / A-Levels / Equivalent; AND
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; AND
- Pass the APEL Assessment (Aptitude Test, Portfolio & Interview) conducted by OUM
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 24,150
Promotion Course Fee: RM 100 voucher is given for December 2017 intake + 5 % discount for full semester payment before 31 December 2017
* T&C Apply
Discount for Physically Disabled and Senior Citizens:
- Senior citizen at the age more than 60 years on the registration date - 50%
- Administration fee will be charged (RM350 for Undergraduate & RM500 for Postgraduate)
- Physically disabled learners or “Orang Kelainan Upaya” (OKU) - 50%
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: RM 5,156
- 2nd Sem: RM 5,156
- 3rd Sem: RM 5,156
- 4th Sem: RM 5,156
- 5th Sem: RM 1,719
- 6th Sem: RM 1,809
Total: RM 24,150
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Open University Malaysia (OUM)
|Mode of Study||
Jan, May, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
10 Core Subjects + 1 Major Elective Subjects / 10 Core Subjects + Any 4 Elective Subjects / 10 Core Subjects + Any 2 Elective Subjects + 1 Master Project
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (6 Installments)
RM 100 voucher is given for December 2017 intake + 5 % discount for full semester payment before 31 December 2017 * T&C Apply
You may also like…
Anglia Ruskin University, UK MBA Part-Time @ FTMS College Cyberjaya
The Anglia Ruskin University (ARU), MBA at the FTMS College is one of the top-rated modern university in UK and Europe and among the most affordable in Malaysia. Designed for busy professionals and this system frees up your weekday nights and most of your weekends to accommodate your busy schedules.
Class conducted at: FTMS College
MUST New Professional MBA (Online) Part-Time @ Kota Damansara
Our Professional MBA program is ideal for experienced business professionals who are looking for a way to balance their work commitments while they study for a business degree online.
Class conducted at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
MBA Dual Degree awarded by IUMW & University of Wales @ Kuala Lumpur
This MBA is aimed to produce successful business leaders and specialists with global perspective. It integrates diversified business approaches and methodologies. You will acquire the knowledge, techniques and ethics to become business experts equipped with skills customised towards the competitive business environment.
Class conducted at: International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW)
Paris Graduate School of Management, France IEMBA Part-Time @ Mantissa College TTDI, KL
This MBA prepares a student for the bigger international business environment by providing lessons on business functions, strategies, and relationships. The student will easily adapt to the ever-changing business environment by including lessons on innovation, organisational development, stakeholder relations, and leadership.
Class conducted at: Mantissa College