MUST Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Engineering @ Kota Damansara
PhD of Engineering is a doctoral degree awarded on the basis of advanced study and research in engineering or applied sciences.This doctorate programme keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to societal needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation.
Class conducted at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at MUST?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this PhD programme
- PhD in Engineering programme is recognized, approved and accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Our program immerses the student rapidly in his or her chosen research area and provides each student with the necessary foundation to independently develop and apply his/her creativity.
- Take advantage of the wide range of research opportunities on campus through our multidisciplinary program and study anything from different engineering discipline.
- Receive advanced training in current technology and engineering design by industry professionals through colloquium events.
- Provide unique opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
- Facilitate continued development of high quality research programs.
- Class: Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme
- Accreditation: Provisionally Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose MUST’s PhD?
Upon successful completion, the PhD holders take pride in being able to:
- Show scholarly capabilities to generate, design, implement and adopt the integral part of the research process based on theoretical frameworks.
- Contribute to original research that broadens the boundary of knowledge through an in-depth thesis, which has been presented and defended according to international standards, including writing in international and local publications.The greatest advantage of the PhD is that it gives you experience in carrying out detailed research. Your Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees are focused on learning things that are already known, but the PhD teaches you to find out new things, to carry out experiments, to report data, and learn from your mistakes.
- Research Opportunities to participate in conferences, seminars and workshops organised by MUST, other public and private universities and professional bodies.
Award & Recognition
- 4 star rating for training provider by HRDF
Doctor of Philosophy in Management awarded by Malaysia University of Science and Technology
The Doctor of Philosophy in Management Programme (by Research) prepares competent practitioners and researchers with a firm grounding in Management who can foster research and development of new knowledge in specific areas.
Management position in corporation and small and medium sized enterprises such expertise such as finance, marketing, operation, supply chain, customer service, risk management, planning, strategy and own business start-ups
Opportunities to participate in conferences, seminars and workshops organized by MUST, other public and private universities and professional bodies.
Affiliated Professional Training Programme
PhD students are eligible to participate in professional training courses in business econimics and risk management run by the School of Business's Centre for Economics and Risk (www.cfer.my) at in-house rates and other short professional programmes in the university.
Mid to high level management positions, university lecturers, researchers, consultants, corporate advisors and many others.
The research areas in this programme comprise of (but not limited to) the following:
- Financial Engineering
- Management Accounting
- Managerial Leadership
- Human Capital Management
- Environmental Management
- Business Innovation Strategies
- Business Creativity
- Managing Creative Resources
- Marketing Strategies
- Social Entrepreneurship Management
- Others according to student’s interest
Malaysia University of Science and Technology
In 1995, the then Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad and a delegation from Malaysia made a working visit to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and endorsed the establishment of a university modelled after MIT.
An agreement was signed in January 1997 to establish the Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST). In its formative years, MUST was fully assisted and supported by MIT, a world-renowned university noted for its education and research in advanced science and technology.
MUST emulates MIT’s method of teaching and learning which encourages creativity, analytical thinking, problem-solving, innovation and team-building. These are qualities that have been proven to be successful in producing entrepreneurial leadership in technology and business.
MUST also nurtures a research-driven culture in all fields of expertise to ensure depth of understanding and confidence in facing practical problems.
The MIT model has been the impetus of the MUST culture that is vibrant, innovative and purposive to our local environment. Located at the heart of Kota Damansara, Malaysia University of Science and Technology embarks on its journey to become the favourable university for postgraduate studies.
The University held colloquium every year for postgraduate students so they will have better exposure as an academician. A part from that, the students will also be exposed to webinars, discussion on forums and blogs.
The students also obtain new opportunities and career paths through research project and dissertation and industry based projects guided by field experts.
For me, I feel that the programme is good for those who have the ambition to pursue their education but with time constrain. Personally I love this programme because it is convenient for working adults like me who lives in outside of Klang Valley, and working 8 to 5, have children and can manage the online class and online assignments, plus the materials n the lecturers are well versed in their subject matters, congratulation to MUST for successfully conducted the programme successfully.
High quality of Knowledge is the core of all activities at MUST, By implementing this philosophy in the execution of all its endeavours, MUST aims to inspire its academic community towards teaching and research excellence and ultimately towards the material and spiritual betterment of society.
Why Study PhD at MUST?
World Class Faculty
Our faculty includes international academics at the forefront of their field as well as experienced industry professionals.
Blending learning inside and outside the classroom Flipped learning reverses the traditional classroom approach to teaching and learning. It moves direct instruction into the learner’s own space. The classroom becomes a space for dynamic, interactive learning where the teacher guides and coaches students to apply concepts they have learned online.
Event Based Learning
Event-based learning runs over a few hours or days and creates a memorable sense of occasion. The time-bounded nature of an event encourages people to learn together, its local setting supports face to face encounters between amateurs and experts, and the scale of an event can provide access to resources that would otherwise prove inaccessible.
Technology-Enhanced Event-Based Learning
Technology-enhanced event-based learning offers opportunities for participation, collaboration and distributed expertise. These events not only have the potential to engage millions of people in memorable learning experiences, but can also make significant additions to the body of knowledge available to us as a society.
Read the full institution profile at: Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Master degree first or second upper class honours degree or CGPA 3.00 or above on a 4 point scale or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- In special circumstances, applicants who have relevant work experience in an appropriate field or a second lower honours degree or a CGPA 2.50-2.99 (on a 4 point scale) may be considered for admission.
Applicants will be required to provide documentary evidence in English in one the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at a score of 600 or higher.
- International English Language Testing Services a minimum overall score of 6.5, and at least 6.0 in each of the student in each individual component of the test.
- Provide proof of language proficiency as evaluated through personal interview with MUST.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 37,500
Registration Fee: RM 300
Resource Fees (yearly): RM 500
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: RM 10,000
- 2nd Sem: RM 10,000
- 3rd Sem: RM 10,000
- 4th Sem: RM 2,500
- 5th Sem: RM 2,500
- 6th Sem: RM 2,500
Total: RM 38,300
- Registration Fee: USD 80
- Resource Fee (yearly): USD 130
- International Student Fee: USD 780
- Security Bond: Varies between the country
- Course Fee: USD 620
- Test: USD 200
- Practise Test: USD 110
Total Fee: USD 940
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- 1st Sem: USD 2,600
- 2nd Sem: USD 2,600
- 3rd Sem: USD 2,600
- 4th Sem: USD 650
- 5th Sem: USD 650
- 6th Sem: USD 650
Total: USD 9,750
*** PhD Students registering for Semester 6 and beyond are subjected to recurring fees and are liable to pay RM 2,500 for thesis supervision fees per semester
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST)
24 Months, 72 Months
|Mode of Study||
Mar, Jul, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
12 Field Major of Research Areas
Yes, Available (6 Installments)