Monash University, Master of Business Information Systems @ Subang Jaya
The Master of Business Information Systems covers the business IT spectrum from supporting business operations through to supporting managers’ decision making. It prepares students for roles such as senior business management, business analysts, systems analysts, project leaders, as well as information managers, archivists or librarians.
Class conducted in: Monash University
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this programme
- Monash is ranked # 51-100 in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017).
- Recognition from Australian Computer Society.
- MBIS graduates are highly promising:
*Forbes (2013) – The best master’s degree for jobs now is – Information Systems.
*Singapore Salary Survey (2013) – Full Time Permanent Employability and Top 10 High Paying Jobs.
*NACE Salary Survey (2013) – Highest Paying Position for a Master’s Degree – Computer and Information Managers.
- Class: Weekday Evening Classes (6-10 pm)
- Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, JPA & MOHE
- Assessment: 60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Reasons to choose Monash MBIS
- IT is part of everything we do and MBIS is a unique program that is suitable for students with previous qualifications in any discipline.
- Expertise in IT helps you even if your primary career choice/interest is something else.
- IT enables you to make a positive difference in the world.
- Future opportunities in IT are without boundaries. E.g. Wearable Technologies, Internet of Things, Data Science, Robots and etc.
Award & Recognition
- 75th globally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020.
- 73rd globally and third in Australia in ShanghaiRanking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019.
- 21st in the World’s Most International Universities in 2017 as released by Times Higher Education.
- 58th globally according to the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2020.
- Ranked sixth in world in the Times Higher Education Golden Age university ranking 2019.
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master of Business Information Systems awarded by Monash University Malaysia
KPT/JPT (R/481/7/0743) (MQA/SWA0163) 06/21
This Master of Business Information Systems programme is suitable for students with previous qualifications in any discipline, but if you do have a background in Information Communication and Technology, you will still find advancement opportunities in the business management world. You will have the option of pursuing either an industrial experience path or to undertake a research project.
You will gain an understanding of business information systems to a level of depth and sophistication consistent with senior professional practice. MBIS graduate with a competitive edge will be expected to play leading professional roles in their field, locally and overseas. The highly flexible course opens up a variety of career opportunities, such as but not limited to:
- Business Information Systems and Management
- Data Science and Data Mining
- Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- IT Governance and Software Development Methodologies
- Research for Mobile Apps, Wearable Technologies, Image Processing, Intelligent Health, Robotic and Data Science;or
- Practical Industrial Upskilling with Leading Companies or NGOs.
The course consists of 16 approved (for students with non-IT background) or 12 approved (for students with IT background), master’s-level units, of which four are advanced preparatory (for students with non-IT background); eight master core; and three to four application: either research thesis or industrial experience option. Additional electives, including electives from the School of Business, are available but subject to change.
Four advanced preparatory units:
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming Foundations in Java
- Introduction to Databases
- Project Management
(a) Five units from:
- Information and Knowledge Management Systems
- IT for Management Decision Making
- Enterprise Systems
- Enterprise Architecture and Management
- Introduction to Data Science
- User Interface Design and Usability
- Business Process Modelling, Design and Simulation
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
(b) Two elective units from Part 2, section (a), above or any FIT Level 5 units or Level 5 units offered by any faculty of the University with approval from the Course Director.
You may choose to join the (a) research stream or the (b) industry experience stream.
(a) As a research pathway student, you will complete:
- IT Research Methods
- Minor Thesis Part 1
- Minor Thesis Part 2
- Minor Thesis Final
(b) As an industry experience student, you will complete:
- Professional Practice
- Industry Experience Studio Project
- FIT Level 5 Elective
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- To enter Monash University, students must satisfy particular academic, English language and age requirements.
- To apply for the Master of Business Information Systems program in the School of Information Technology, you must have completed at least one of the following:
- An approved three-year bachelor’s degree, or
- Qualifications and experience considered by the Faculty Admissions Committee to be equivalent to, or a satisfactory substitute for, the above award.
- You must also meet the University's English language requirements as follows:
- IELTS minimum overall test score of 6.5 with individual band scores not less than 6; or
- Internet-based TOEFL total score of 79 with 12 in Listening, 13 in Reading, 18 in Speaking and 21 in Writing; or
- Paper-based TOEFL score of 550 overall with Test of Written English (TWE) of 4.5.
*All applications will be individually assessed.
Payment Plan Options
Course Fees: RM 53,000 (Can pay by three instalments and exclusive of the following fees below):
Application Fees (Once-only fees): RM 100
Registration Fees (Once-only fees): RM 200
General Amenities (Per-semester fee): RM 100
Instalment Plan Breakdown
- 1st Instalment: RM 26,500
- 2nd Intalment: RM 13,250
- 3rd Instalment: RM 13,250
Total Fees: RM 53,000
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Monash University Malaysia
24 Months, 48 Months
|Mode of Study||
Evening Class, Full-Time, Part-Time, Weekday Class
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
4 Advanced Preparatory Subjects + 8 Master Core Subjects + 2 Application Options (Industry Experience Project – to solve real problem/Minor Thesis Research – pathway to PhD/MPhil Research)
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (3 Installments)
You may also like…
IUKL Master of Information Systems @ Kajang
The Master of Information Systems (MIS) is designed to cater to graduates from IT backgrounds and non IT backgrounds.
Talented people with advanced knowledge about managing information systems are a scarce resource. It is the objective of the MIS programme to fill this gap by providing the needed education.
Class conducted at: Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)