MMU Master of Engineering in Embedded System @ Melaka
Embedded systems are single purpose computers that normally perform very specific tasks only with emphasise on cost, power and speed. Since tight integration of application specific hardware and software are required, embedded systems require formal design techniques.
Presently, the global embedded systems market is estimated to worth USD 20 billion with fast expanding outlook. The need for engineers and professionals in embedded system is therefore tremendous. At such, a retraining in this field for working engineers will be very rewarding indeed.
Class conducted at: Multimedia University (MMU)
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this M.Eng programme
Possess Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
Literature search is a basic research skill. This skill is enhanced throughout this course through searching database such as IEEExplore, ScienceDirect, Google Scholar, and others. From the literature search, students are able to understand the current research state of a particular topic in the field of embedded system. They are able to analyze and formulate new technical problems to be explored and to be solved.
Recognition of the Need for and an Ability to Engage in Lifelong Learning and Development
To create the awareness of the importance of continuous self-improvement and lifelong learning is by exposing the students to new and emerging technology, through the core and elective subjects. The students’ experience via working in the industry and coupled with knowledge gained in the course will allow them to venture into a new and exciting career path. As technology changes rapidly, and for the students to be competitive, they will need to continuously educate and update themselves.
In addition, by undertaking the university-wide subject namely Cyberpreneurship and Technology Business Strategy, the students will be well equipped with the fundamental management, business, strategic planning and communication skills that would better prepare them to become the technopreneur of the coming generation.
Class: Weekends class (Part-Time), Weekdays class (Full-Time)
Accreditation: Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
Assessment: Coursework Based + Written Examinations
Why choose MMU’s M.Eng?
Possess the Passion for Acquiring Knowledge and Skill in Embedded Systems
The field of embedded system is evolving rapidly. In order to be up to date with latest development, graduates must engage in life long learning. This is achieved when graduates possess the passion to acquire knowledge. Graduates are exposed to a solid foundation in embedded system to ease the process of acquiring new knowledge or new development in embedded system.
Able to Design and Develop Embedded Systems (Hardware, Peripherals and Firmware)
Information is transformed into experience and practical knowledge through building practical systems and writing the required software for specific applications. A working prototype requires intimate knowledge and technical details of the hardware, peripherals and operating systems being selected.
In most of the core and elective subjects, assignments based on design work are given to strengthen the engineers’ understanding of the concepts and principles learned in the subject and the know-how of applying them to solve real life problems.
Able to Demonstrate Embedded System Applications
Embedded systems are used in many different types of applications including automobiles, robotic, medical devices, security access ect. In order to contribute to the embedded system industry, graduates must be able to demonstrate practical and marketable applications.
Award & Recognition
- QS World University Rankings by Subject
- 6th Asia’s Education Excellence Awards
- MMU Researcher Gained Recognition as Top Research Scientists Malaysia
- FOE Excellent Works Earn Multiple Accolades from Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master of Engineering in Embedded System awarded by Multimedia University
The aim of the Master of Engineering in Embedded System is to provide a postgraduate training concentrating on the commercially important area of embedded systems. The programme is designed to introduce a range of topics that will prepare its graduates to embark on the embedded system business.
Embedded Systems are fast becoming essential equipment/products in many industries including automotive, manufacturing, medical, telecom, banking, digital consumer, agriculture and even defence and aerospace.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To produce graduates who are able to design and apply embedded systems.
- To produce graduates who will be leaders in driving innovation in embedded system applications.
- To produce graduates who are able to conduct research in embedded systems.
- Microcomputer Architecture
- Peripherals for Embedded Systems
- Embedded Software Engineering
- Research Methodology
- System on Chip Design
- Real Time Operating Systems
- Cyberpreneurship and Technology Business Strategy
Electives Subjects (Choose Any 2)
- Digital Signal Processors
- Applications of Microcontrollers
- Wireless Technology
- Intelligent Control
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
- A Bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, in an Engineering or Engineering Technology field or a related field from MMU or institutions recognised by Senate; or
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, in a related field from MMU or institutions recognised by Senate, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in relevant field.
English Language Requirement
In addition to the academic requirements, an applicant is also required to possess a sufficient level of English language proficiency by obtaining one of the following:
- Minimum overall TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based); or
- Minimum IELTS overall band score of 6.5; or
- Credit in 1119 English Examination; or
- Minimum score of 580 in Multimedia University's English Language Proficiency Test; or
- Minimum MUET overall band score of 4; or
- Any other qualification of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must fulfill the English language requirement in order to be admitted to the approved programme.
The Faculty may interview the candidates who have obtained their Bachelor's or Master's degrees from institutions where English is used as the main medium of instruction or as one of the mediums of instruction, and recommend to the Senate for waiver.
An English Language Proficiency test will be conducted to gauge the proficiency level of the candidates who do not meet the English Language requirement and fail the English interview (if applicable).
Candidates who fail to meet the English Language requirement may enroll in the Intensive English Language Programme (IELP) offered by MMU in the month of February, June or October every year.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 23,100 (Exclusive Registration and Associated Fee + University Resource Fee + Project Fee + Tuition Fee)
Registration and Associated Fee: RM 1,550
University Resource Fee: RM 1,000*
Project Fee: RM 3,500
*University Resource Fee depends on the year of enrolling (RM 1,000/year)
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
12 Months, 24 Months
|Mode of Study||
Full-Time, Part-Time, Weekday Class, Weekend Class
Feb, Jun, Oct
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Accredited
7 Core Subjects + 2 Elective Subjects + 1 Project Paper
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination