Master of Business Administration (MBA) awarded by CITY University @ Penang
Based on the demand in Penang, we have made it a more suitable yet flexible part-time MBA programme, to suits your needs without disturbing your work schedule. This MBA (part-time) is designed to prepare students to be an entrepreneur or to secure a managerial position in any organization. Classes only once a month.
Class conducted at: Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC)
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at CITY University?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this MBA programme?
- Classes are only once a month
- Lecturers are Doctorate holders from the corporate world, with many years of teaching experience
- Total fee is only RM19,800 which can be paid in instalments
- Awarded by City University, Malaysia
- Join other working professionals that are currently studying at PSDC, Penang
- Great platform to build networking
- Approved by MoE and accredited by MQA
At a Glance
Classes are once a month
(Supported by lecturers via email/phone or personalised meeting)
Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
60% coursework-based & 40% Exam
Why choose CITY University’s MBA?
The student will gain the following benefits:
- Think Globally
- Build Leadership Skills
- Build Presentation Skills
- Preparing to switch careers
- Connect with like-minded people
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master of Business Administration awarded by CITY University
The Master of Business Administration programme is designed to prepare students for managerial positions in business, professional and public sectors. This MBA provides a broad education and general exposure to the complex relationships between government, business and consumers.
This programme is designed to impact essential managerial knowledge, research skills and a professional attitude that will be resourceful and effective in the workplace. Graduates can expect to develop an understanding of the conceptual foundation of business management; develop an appreciation o ethical issues in today’s business environment; produce and develop sound research and analytical skills and cultivate professional contacts. The programme offers a comprehensive education in management with the opportunity to develop in your specialized areas of interest.
Our vision is to be one of the tops provides in Malaysia through dynamic excellence whilst our mission is to provide students with quality dynamism through qualifications which enhance their marketability in today’s competitive local and international arena.
Lectures Delivery Mode
- One Saturday lecture/tutorial per month only;
- 42 credit hours: 12 modules(36 credits) & One project paper (6 credits)
- Project Paper component of 15,000 words.
Method of Assessments:
- Project Paper
- Final Examination
- Online Interaction
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Research Methodology
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Organization Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Operation Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Management Information System
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet?
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet? Request it now!
CITY University, Malaysia
City University (City U) (or formerly known as Unity College International) was founded in April 1984 by a group of scholars with extensive experience in both local public universities and reputable overseas universities. Registered with the Ministry of Higher Education under the former Education Act 1961, City U was known then as the Petaling Jaya Community College (PJCC). It was established at a time when there was a growing awareness that it was necessary for the private sector to complement the national education effort. Its aim item was to equip high school leavers with extensive academic exposure to the American degree system moderated by the Consortium of American Universities and Colleges (CAUC).
This was done through a biennial meeting in the United States. Since 1984, PJCC has successfully transferred over 20 batches of students to more than 100 universities and colleges throughout the United States, with many gaining places into the Ivy League universities for degrees in engineering (electrical, civil, mechanical and computer), journalism, business administration, finance, banking, accounting, marketing, insurance, economics, information systems, computer science, psychology, pharmacy, music and TESL. Although there were several private higher institutions in Malaysia, PJCC was the pioneer in the field for preparing students for transfer to the American universities. The University College was acquired by the Selia Group in 1998 as part of the company's desire to be a responsible corporate citizen. Under the new management, City U extended its international education cooperation with universities from England, Scotland, Wales, Australia, United States, Indonesia and several Malaysian public universities to cater for the expanding demand for higher education.
To be a University that is recognised as among the leading institutions of higher learning with a steadfast commitment to excellence and perfection
- To provide high-quality industry and market-driven educational courses/ programmes with the aim of producing knowledge-based, socially responsible leaders and managers
- To produce quality graduates, well-balanced with the employability attributes of professionalism, communication skills, intellectual curiosity, ethical behaviour and lifelong learning
- Our people are our greatest strength
- Partnerships are our future
- Our customers are our highest priority
- Innovation and technology are our competitive edge
Learning Centre in Penang have been delivering part time MBA programme for working professionals. All the classes are conducted at Penang Skill Development Centre (PSDC). Based on the demand in Penang, the part time MBA programme has been made more suitable yet flexible to suits your needs without disturbing your work schedule. This MBA (part time) is designed to prepare students to be an entrepreneur or to secure a managerial positions in any organization.
Would you like to get an Institution Profile?
Would you like to get an Institution Profile? Request it now!
My analytical thinking skills have improved tremendously in relationship to how sustainable operations are handled and managed.
I can say with full confidence that MBA programme changed my career path as well as my understanding of the business world. It is so much more than a piece of paper!.
I used to doubt people who said getting my MBA would be a life-changing experience, but now I know what they meant.
I felt very connected with faculty, staff, and other students, and I felt a great sense of belonging. I gained great experience and developed lasting relationships with my classmates from various industries.
An unbelievable value compared to other institution of equal quality. A decision to pursue this is MBA is a smart one that the student will not regret!.
Would you like to have some Student Profiles?
Would you like to have some Student Profiles? Request it now!
Why Study MBA at CITY University @ Penang?
The purpose of higher education is to prepare adults to excel in the field that they have chosen to study. As future leaders and professionals, they must also be prepared the meet all expectations of the real working environment. At City University (City U, we believed and adopt a holistic approach for developing dynamic professionals. Since its inception in 1984, City U has produced more than 20,000 graduates, who are now in various reputable organisations worldwide. Our history and years of experience as one of the oldest private education providers in Malaysia qualifies as a provider to top quality yet affordable tertiary studies.
The Right Reasons to Master your Destiny at City University Graduate School:
- We have three decades of tertiary education experience in Malaysia.
- Local and foreign professors
- Flexible study mode, full time or part-time basis
- Extensive support and supervision of coursework via lectures and mentoring system
- Flexible payment schemes that make courses more affordable
- Student-oriented environment and conducive learning facilities
- Complete course materials and quality texts
- Dynamic administrative team and customer service
- Support by local & foreign lectures with corporate background and experience
Now this MBA available at PSDC, Penang.
Read the full institution profile at: CITY University
Would you like to book a Campus Visit?
Would you like to book a Campus Visit? Book it now!
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree from a recognised higher education institution with min CGPA 2.5;
- Other equivalent qualification as recognized by the Malaysian Government with 2.5 CGPA;
- The student who does not meet these entry requirements but has a significant amount of related work experience may also apply.
*All application will be individually assessed.
Payment Plan Options
Total Course Fee: RM 19,800 (inclusive registration, admin & resources fees)
5-semester Instalment Plan Available:
- 1st-semester payment: RM3,520
- 2nd-semester payment: RM4,070
- 3rd-semester payment: RM4,070
- 4th-semester payment: RM5,360
- 5th-semester payment: RM2,780
Total Fee: RM19,800
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
|Mode of Study||
Part-Time, Weekend Class
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
8 Core Subjects + 4 Elective Subject + 1 Project Paper
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (Semester Instalments)
Early bird discount – Learning Centre Fee of RM1,500 will be WAIVED for those registering for January 2019 intake, RM1,000 waiver on FULL FEE payment