Master of Business Administration (General Management) Dual Award by SEGi University & University of Sunderland, UK
Our internationally acclaimed MBA programme is designed for enterprising minds seeking to combine their expertise with general management skills. It’ll help you to gain a better understanding of managing people and organisations. You’ll learn decision-making and problem-solving skills in an international business environment and strategies to manage globalisation issues.
Class conducted at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at SEGi University?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this MBA programme?
- The MBA emphasise in management skills and help students to develop new ideas
- Offer a globalised learning experience for students
- Industry-Relevant and Innovative Course accredited by MQA and JPA
- Accredited and Worldwide Recognized MBA programme
- Courses taught by the PHD Qualified Malaysian lecturers
- Practical Learning with Outstanding Networking
- Aim to advance your career, develop entrepreneurial skills & global business expertise
At a Glance
Weekend only (Sat & Sun)
Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
60% coursework-based & 40% Exam (Open Book Examination)
Why choose SEGi University’s MBA?
- Business, Management and Marketing at the University of Sunderland is best in the North East of England for satisfaction with the course, teaching and feedback, according to the Guardian University Guide 2015
- ‘World-leading’ research in Business, according to the Latest Research Excellence Framework
- Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Awards & Recognitions
- Putra Brand Awards
(Silver 2013- 2015: Education & Learning)
(Bronze 2012,2016 & 2017: Education & Learning)
- MRCA Crown Awards
(Outstanding Innovation Award 2014)
- Students Choice Awards 2015
(Top 10 Universities)
- 3rd Global Leadership Award 2013
(Leadership in Educational & Training Excellence)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2012
(Most Promising Entrepreneur)
- The BrandLaureate Best Brand Award 2010-2011
(Education Tertiary Private)
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Master of Business Administration (General Management)
Dual Award by SEGi University and University of Sunderland, UK.
The Master of Business Administration (General Management) programme seeks to help you in understanding core business and management disciplines with emphasise in management skills and developing new ideas in areas of analysis, problem-solving, decision-making, effective communication and leadership.
The core elements of the programme - including the management of human resources, management of the immediate business environment, management of change and the management of general resources - are delivered in focused modules and the project dissertation to encourage depth of understanding and to facilitate interactive teaching and learning.
Our modules originate from a wide range of business and management disciplines including economics, marketing, information systems, statistics, human resource management and law.
Due to the variety of modules of the programme, you will have the opportunity to pursue general management positions across a wide range of sectors. Generally, you get to enjoy strong demands from industry for your skills and knowledge as well as compensation to match.
Suitable for professionals across all disciplines, the programme will significantly enhance your capability to function as a senior manager within a wide range of commercial and service organisations.
- Managing in the International Economy
- Marketing Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Finance for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour
- Entrepreneurship Practice and Processes
- Operations & Quality Management
- Project Management - Framework & Sustainability
- Organisation Development and Change
- Economics for Managers
- Strategic Management
- Research Methodology
- Master's Project
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet?
Would you like to get an MBA Booklet? Request it now!
SEGi was established in 1977 as Systematic College in the heart of Kuala Lumpur offering professional qualifications. Since its founding four decades ago, SEGi has undergone significant growth, strengthening the quality of its wide range of programmes from foundation to doctorate level.
It is one of the most established private higher education institutions in Malaysia with its flagship campus located in Kota Damansara and four other campuses are in Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Kuching. Currently, SEGi has a population of 25,000 local and international students across its campuses.
SEGi is recognized as “The first Malaysian University that earned 5 Stars for prioritizing society’s needs in Malaysia” by QS Stars, an international evaluation system for universities based on auditing.
University of Sunderland, UK
The University of Sunderland is an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support that sits at the heart of one of the UK's most up and coming cities. The testament to their growing reputation, the university was nominated for the University of the Year in 2012 (Times Higher Education Awards).
The University of Sunderland has one base in the City of Sunderland, which is in the North East of England, and another base in London. We also deliver courses around the world, as part of our transnational education programme.
We are an innovative, forward-thinking university with high standards of teaching, research and support. We have strong links with industry and business and work closely with some of the world's leading companies.
In 2013, the combined student population at the University of Sunderland was 15,152 students.
All our academic courses are of the highest possible quality. Courses are checked against a national standards framework called the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications. They are also assessed against subject-specific benchmarks. The framework and benchmarks are set by a national agency called the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), which audits all UK universities to maintain high standards.
We have a strong international reputation for the quality of our research. Our research courses are developed as a result of our research, which means you receive the latest and most relevant information from teaching staff who are leading experts in their subject areas.
In 2013, we were recognised as one of the UK’s top five providers of transnational education. We work with partners in countries which include Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, Kenya and Vietnam. We were also the first institution in the UK to receive a licence to operate in Vietnam.
The University of Sunderland has been recognised at the highest level by the UK Government and the British Council for our innovative international activity.
The Times Higher Education Awards ‘celebrate the talent and creativity driving a world-leading Higher Education sector’.
In 2012, we were proud to be shortlisted for the Times Higher University of the Year Award. Only innovative and imaginative universities that uphold and exceed the standard of excellence are considered for this award.
Would you like to get an Institution Profile?
Would you like to get an Institution Profile? Request it now!
SEGi's DBA programme complemented my then 22 years of working experience as an engineer and a manager. The comprehensive learning experience has contributed to my understanding of professional practices and enhanced my personal development as a business practitioner. I am truly honoured with my achievements at SEGi and am indebted to the programme facilitators as SEGi for their guidance and support.
The environment at SEGi is very conducive and the professors are very friendly. These are the reasons that make me love this university and this country. Segi has widened my horizons beyond the confines of a classroom.
It's my pleasure to be a student of SEGI University, from MBA till DBA, with the help of my supervisor and GSB lectures. Both my knowledge and skills growth rapidly. I enjoy here, that why after graduate MBA, I taken DBA here again. I believe I can be better me with such a good environment, nice lectures and classmates.
SEGi university can provides me a great opportunity to acquire knowledge of management. Also, I can gain skills in communication and leadership. With the knowledge and skills, I can have better career development and strong competition in the workplace. I jumped into Segi to study MBA. After the graduation of my master's degree, I continue to study a doctoral degree now.
I have never regretted the decision to continue my MBA studies with SEGi. I would like to convey my gratitude to Mr Sum and Mr Lim who had gone the extra miles to guide us and had made MBA fun for us. MBA indeed had widen my perspective and prep me better for my career growth.
Would you like to have some Student Profiles?
Would you like to have some Student Profiles? Request it now!
Why Study MBA at SEGi University?
Top-notch resources for a quality learning experience:
- We work with some of the world’s most prestigious universities from the United Kingdom and Australia to develop a knowledge-rich and industry-relevant curriculum.
- Each SEGi campus is equipped with a well-stocked library that includes books, web databases and other electronic resources for students’ use.
Business & Accounting Centre of Excellence
- We have established a Centre of Excellence (CoE) for SEGi University Kota Damansara, to ensure a world-class tertiary education for our business and accounting students.
Esteemed Industry Advisors
- In line with our brand promise to provide a complete learning experience, we work closely with reputable industry advisors to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and experience.
Partnerships with Industry
- SEGi University & Colleges establish strong links with key industry players from a wide range of fields to provide access to internships and job opportunities for our students.
Cutting-edge computer labs
- Our business and accounting students have access to the computer labs, which double as a research and resource tool to aid students in class assignments and data analyses.
Read the full institution profile at: SEGi University Kota Damansara
Would you like to book a Campus Visit?
Would you like to book a Campus Visit? Book it now!
- Applicants must have completed a relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Students who have completed studies at Master’s level may eligible to apply for exemptions.
*All applications will be individually assessed.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 39,600
- Registration Fee: RM 500
- Enrolment & Admin Fees: RM 500
- Security Deposit: RM 300
- 1st Year Facilities Fees: RM 3,000
- 1st Year Total Misc. Fees: RM 4,300
- 2nd Year Facilities Fees: RM 1,000
- External Exam Fees: £ 265 (Not included in course fee)
For Dual Awards Total fee:
RM 44,900 (Can be paid by Monthly Instalments)
For Single Award Total fee:
RM 37,500 (Can be paid by Monthly Instalments)
**20 months Instalment Plan Available.
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
SEGi University, University of Sunderland, United Kingdom
|Mode of Study||
Part-Time, Weekend Class
Jan, May, Sep
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Fully Accredited
11 Modules + 1 Major Project
60% Coursework & 40% Written Examination
Yes, Available (Monthly Installments)
RM 2,000 (For grant rebate)