Asia Pacific University PhD in Computing @ APU Kuala Lumpur
The PhD in Computing programme encompasses expertise and research opportunities across a spectrum of computing fields under a single, high-quality research doctorate. With this broad reach lies strength, faculty and students are able to leverage a diverse and unique set of approaches, skills and expertise that enable and complement their research effort.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at APU?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this PhD programme
- You will be assigned to a group of highly qualified supervisors.
- Wide range of latest research areas in the fields of computing and business administration areas.
- We have our regular research workshops, colloquium and seminars facilitated by local and international academicians and professionals.
- Comprehensive Student Support Services.
- Resourceful online databases.
- Class: Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme
- Accreditation: Provisionally Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose APU’s PhD?
- Work effectively and proactively within cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams, demonstrating autonomy, ethical conduct, expert judgement, adaptability and responsibility to achieve computing outcomes at a high standard.
- Synthesise and proficiently apply advanced, integrated technical knowledge from their specialisation and other elective areas of study and the underpinning sciences and computational methods.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, other computing professionals and the broader community employing a range of communication media and tools.
- Engage in independent investigation, critical reflection and lifelong learning to continue to practice at the forefront of the discipline.
Award & Recognition
- 1 Silver Award for the Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2017
- Gold Medal for International Intellectual Exposition 2017
- Gold Medal for Science and Engineering Design Exhibition Cum Competition (SEDEX) 2016
- Silver Award for Invention & Innovation Competition for Private Institutions of Higher Learning(PERINTIS) 2016
- Distinction Award for ‘Software Program Design and Development’ 2015
- Winner of Water Drone Competition for Makeweekend Robotics Challenge 2013
- Bronze award for Industry Excellence for Education – Business Excellence Award 2006 (Malaysia Canada Business Council)
- Top Award for ‘Best Website Design’ – Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia Awards 2008
- Award of Excellence in Research & Development – Ministry of Education Excellence Awards 2003
- Top Award in Network and PC Maintenance category – Prime Minister’s Golden Hands Award 2004
PhD in Computing Awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation, Malaysia
JPT/BPP (U)1000-801/63/Jld.2(14) (MQA/PA0928) 08/16
Ideally, student works with potential supervisors to develop proposal.
* Supervisory sessions consist of 4 elements as appropriate to the candidate’s background:
- Research Methods
- Literature Review
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- Design of Research Proposal
Field of Research
Subject to the expertise within the School of Computing, Engineering and Technology, the areas of research include, but are not limited to the following:
- Software Engineering
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Security and Forensics
- Intelligent Systems
- Computer Networks
- Information Retrieval
- Multimedia Systems
- Database Systems
* Students with no prior Research Methods or Dissertation at Masters level are to enroll in the Research Methods (Masters module) to fill the gaps in research skills.
*Entry by Full Research Masters or Masters with minimum 30% research component with a formal taught research module. (Fast Track).
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU), Malaysia
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU). This new Ultra-Modern University Campus in Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) is designed to be the state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facility providing a conducive environment for students and staff.
TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary Campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas.
It is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation. APU’s new campus is setting a new benchmark for design excellence among Malaysian Universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with a dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning.
It is a magnificent teaching & learning space for our Students & Staff designed by our award-winning architects & consultants. This university considered as:
- A stylish blend of functionality & accessibility.
- A unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- A wide variety of spaces to learn, engage and transform.
- An ultra-modern campus built today for the needs of tomorrow.
Here's the very first question I had been asked at the interview at Shell;"Tell us what you have done in University other than academically excelling...?", first thing that came to my mind without a doubt was the acknowledgment I received for participating in extra-curricular activities, that is APU EDGE. Although I'm a First Class Honours graduate, and there were many other candidates with similar, or even better academic qualifications during the interview, I began to realise the importance of APU EDGE as it helped me getting the job.
The APU EDGE transcript affirms my decision on how I developped myself as a student in APU. This is the university's support for me to continue my work in debates and also in sharing the opportunities that the university has offered me and my fellow graduates.
This has given me prove of my capabilities and the extra edge which makes me special from everyone else. I am thankful for this grand opportunity and will definitely use this as a leverage to challenge my future and reach for greater goals.
Why Study PhD at APU?
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at national and international levels.
Nurturing Professionals for Global Careers
APU nurture students as professionals to ensure that students are prepared for the global challenges ahead. Students success is APU best testimony; over 95% of APU graduates are employed by graduation.
20+ years of partnership with Staffordshire University (UK)
Solid relationship with Staffordshire University is among the strongest and most successful foreign collaborations in Malaysia, and is particularly notable in strong shared mission of producing highly employable graduates.
Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for Multicultural Learning Experience*
With more than 11,000 students from over 110 countries, APU University will ensure that students will gain memorable experiences alongside the diversified and colourful cultural environment.
* Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’
Regardless of the programme choose, students will be supported by highly qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Many enjoy an international reputation for
their research and actively engage with leading names in the industry.
APU University will equip students to become a worldready professional, with the knowledge, attributes, skills and expertise that employers look for.
Read the full institution profile at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- A Masters degree in a related field accepted by the APU Senate.
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Masters degree that are accepted by the APU Senate.
- Minimum English language requirements of IELTS 6.5.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 45,000
Option 1 - Full-Time Study Mode
Full Payment: RM 45,000
Yearly Payment: RM 15,600 x 3 Years
Instalment Plan Breakdown: RM 23,000 x 2 Years / RM 15,600 x 3 years
Additional Year Fees: RM 7,500 per year - Applicable from the start of the 4th year onwards from commencement of course.
Option 2 - Part-Time Study Mode
Full Payment: RM 45,000
Yearly Payment: RM 9,550 x 5 Years
Instalment Plan Breakdown: RM 15,600 x 3 Years
Additional Year Fees: RM 5,500 per year - Applicable from the start of the 6th year onwards from commencement of course.
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
24-60 Months, 36-72 Months
|Mode of Study||
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
8 Major Field of Research Areas
Yes, Available (5 Installments)
10% discount is given to students who get CGPA at least 3.20 in their undergraduate studies