Asia Pacific University MSc in Computing @ APU Kuala Lumpur
The MSc in Computing degree provides students with exposure to best practice in computing and cutting edge courses in areas of relevance to computing practitioners. This programme is a comprehensive and challenging graduate programme with area specialisations that encompasses latest research findings, both applied and fundamental.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Course Profile
- Awarding Body
- Student Testimonials
- Why Study at APU?
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this MSc programme
- Opportunity to participate in many cutting edge courses.
- Improve your ability to design, plan and organise technology based projects.
- Advance your career in computing in this comprehensive and challenging Masters programme.
- Choose from a wide range of thesis topics and supervisors, giving you the chance to focus on an area of your interest.
- Learn from expert lecturers on the cutting-edge of the discipline.
- Class: Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme
- Accreditation: Provisionally Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
- Assessment: Research Based
Why choose APU’s MSc?
- Increase leadership and management skills through communication, leadership and cooperation in team based projects.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of professional software development and computing practices.
- Develop analytical, research, strategic planning, project management and interpersonal skills in undertaking this programme.
- Understand the contextual factors that influence professional computing practice, and identify the potential societal, ethical, and environmental impact of computing activities.
- Professionally apply systematic computing approaches to address complex, multi-disciplinary real-world computing problems in a variety of domains.
Award & Recognition
- 1 Silver Award for the Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2017
- Gold Medal for International Intellectual Exposition 2017
- Gold Medal for Science and Engineering Design Exhibition Cum Competition (SEDEX) 2016
- Silver Award for Invention & Innovation Competition for Private Institutions of Higher Learning(PERINTIS) 2016
- Distinction Award for ‘Software Program Design and Development’ 2015
- Winner of Water Drone Competition for Makeweekend Robotics Challenge 2013
- Bronze award for Industry Excellence for Education – Business Excellence Award 2006 (Malaysia Canada Business Council)
- Top Award for ‘Best Website Design’ – Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia Awards 2008
- Award of Excellence in Research & Development – Ministry of Education Excellence Awards 2003
- Top Award in Network and PC Maintenance category – Prime Minister’s Golden Hands Award 2004
MSc in Computing Awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation, Malaysia
KPT/JPS (N/345/7/1048) (MQA/PA9018) 05/22
This Master of Science in Computing programme is conducted by research and is assessed via oral presentations and reports at various junctures, including a Proposal Defence, regular half-yearly progress monitoring at research colloquiums, Work Completion Defence, Thesis Examination and Viva Voce.
Students would need to take one taught module on Research Methodology to gain the pre-requisite knowledge to effectively carry out their research. Regular discussions with the supervisors would be expected to ensure the direction of research as well as the quality and significance of the findings.
- Computer and Information Systems
- IT Director
- IT Research and Development Leader
- Computing Scientist
- Research Assistant
- University Lecturer
- IT Project Manager
Conversion to PhD
Students of the Research Degree programme may convert to a PhD candidate if they satisfy all the criteria below:
- Display excellent progress in their research.
- Able to demonstrate the potential of their project to be expended to PhD level.
- Pass a rigorous assessment.
Successful conversion means that the student will no longer be a Research Degree candidate but will instead become a PhD candidate with their candidature start date backdated to their original Research Degree registration date. Hence, it allows the student to gain a PhD award within a shorter timeframe, without the need to complete a Masters programme.
Ideally, student works with potential supervisors to develop proposal.
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU), Malaysia
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU). This new Ultra-Modern University Campus in Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) is designed to be the state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facility providing a conducive environment for students and staff.
TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary Campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas.
It is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation. APU’s new campus is setting a new benchmark for design excellence among Malaysian Universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with a dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning.
It is a magnificent teaching & learning space for our Students & Staff designed by our award-winning architects & consultants. This university considered as:
- A stylish blend of functionality & accessibility.
- A unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- A wide variety of spaces to learn, engage and transform.
- An ultra-modern campus built today for the needs of tomorrow.
Here's the very first question I had been asked at the interview at Shell;"Tell us what you have done in University other than academically excelling...?", first thing that came to my mind without a doubt was the acknowledgment I received for participating in extra-curricular activities, that is APU EDGE. Although I'm a First Class Honours graduate, and there were many other candidates with similar, or even better academic qualifications during the interview, I began to realise the importance of APU EDGE as it helped me getting the job.
The APU EDGE transcript affirms my decision on how I developped myself as a student in APU. This is the university's support for me to continue my work in debates and also in sharing the opportunities that the university has offered me and my fellow graduates.
This has given me prove of my capabilities and the extra edge which makes me special from everyone else. I am thankful for this grand opportunity and will definitely use this as a leverage to challenge my future and reach for greater goals.
Why Study MSc at APU?
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities, and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing professional graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at national and international levels.
Nurturing Professionals for Global Careers
APU nurture students as professionals to ensure that students are prepared for the global challenges ahead. Students success is APU best testimony; over 95% of APU graduates are employed by graduation.
20+ years of partnership with Staffordshire University (UK)
Solid relationship with Staffordshire University is among the strongest and most successful foreign collaborations in Malaysia, and is particularly notable in strong shared mission of producing highly employable graduates.
Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for Multicultural Learning Experience*
With more than 11,000 students from over 110 countries, APU University will ensure that students will gain memorable experiences alongside the diversified and colourful cultural environment.
* Student Barometer Wave 2015, ‘Studying with people from other cultures’
Regardless of the programme choose, students will be supported by highly qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Many enjoy an international reputation for
their research and actively engage with leading names in the industry.
APU University will equip students to become a worldready professional, with the knowledge, attributes, skills and expertise that employers look for.
Read the full institution profile at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
- Bachelor’s degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to Computing with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent as acceptable by the Senate.
- Bachelor's degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to Computing with CGPA below 3.00 but above 2.50 can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment process.
- Bachelor’s degree of Computing or in the area of science and technology or related to Computing with a minimum CGPA less than 2.50 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in a relevant field.
- For candidates without Computing degree, pre-requisite modules in Computing will be offered to adequately prepare them.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 26,430 (Inclusive Enrolment Fees, Registration Fees, and Miscellaneous Fees)
- Full Payment: RM 25,200
- Instalment Plan Breakdown: RM 8,780 x 3 Instalments
- Monthly Payment: RM 1,920 x 14 Months
A fee of RM 500 (non-refundable) is payable upon enrollment.
Student ID Card
A fee of RM 30 is required for the Student ID Card.
The following is payable for the use of library facilities:
- Library Deposit (refundable): RM 400
- Library Fees: RM 300 (for Full-Time students only)
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
24-36 Months, 36-48 Months
|Mode of Study||
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Provisionally Accredited
Research Areas + 1 Taught Subject on Research Methodology
Yes, Available (3 Installments)
10% discount is given to students who get CGPA at least 3.20 in their undergraduate studies