Asia e University Doctor of Philosophy in Finance @ Kuala Lumpur
The Doctor of Philosophy in Finance programme (by research) offers multidisciplinary courses in Finance, Banking & Insurance (FBI) with a focus on Asian-centricity.
The main aim of the programme is to achieve research excellence by pooling resources and balancing learning opportunities.
Class conducted at: Asia e University
- Course Profile
- Entry Requirements & Payment Plan
- Additional information
What’s special about this PhD programme?
- The programme’s format makes it feasible and practical to pursue this high quality doctoral
degree while still meeting students’ commitments to work and family.
- Flexibility in learning, independence in study, research with deep impact, outstanding faculty members who are leaders in their fields, and the finest resources in academia.
- The programme is perfect for the independent, self-motivated student who has the strong desire for a world-class education.
At a Glance
Students will be assigned a supervisor and no classes for this programme with once-a-month colloquia (Sat/Sun)
Fully Accredited by MQA, MOHE and KPT
Why choose Asia e University’s PhD?
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Synthesise knowledge and contribute to original research that broadens the frontier of knowledge in the field of Finance, Banking & Insurance.
- Appraise problems in the Finance, Banking & Insurance field critically, conduct advanced research independently, and adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.
- Adapt practical skills leading to innovative ideas in the field of Finance, Banking & Insurance.
- Provide expert advice and display leadership qualities to society in the field of Finance, Banking
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Still not sure? Request more info from consultant now!
Doctor of Philosophy in Finance awarded by Asia e University
(R-DL/520/8/0015) (MQA/FA0375) 08/21
The main aim of the PhD (Finance, Banking & Insurance) (FBI) by Research programme offered at Asia e University is to achieve research excellence by producing graduates who are able to demonstrate critical understanding of the most advanced knowledge in Finance, Banking & Insurance, which is at the frontier of a field of study or professional practice.
Graduates of this programme should be able to demonstrate critical understanding of the most advanced knowledge in Finance, Banking & Insurance. They should also be poised for upper-level positions whether in organisations, consulting or academia. They are expected to contribute towards improvement in their places of employment and to the nation.
- University Professor
- Investment Researcher
- Government Economist
- International Careers
Stage 1 : Proposal Development
Stage 2 : Data Collection
Stage 3 : Report Writing
Stage 4 : Thesis Examination/Viva Voce
- Bank Teller Programme
- Banking & Finance
- Business Finance
- Finance Theory
- Finance, Banking & Insurance
- Islamic Finance, Banking & Insurance
- Financial Management
- Investment Analysis
- Investments & Securities
- Pension Insurance
- Social Insurance
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet?
Would you like to get a Programme Booklet? Request it now!
Malaysian & International Students
- Possess a recognised Master's degree in the relevant field, OR
- Other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate.
For thesis written in English, there will be an English language competency requirement equivalent to:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) 550 or
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) or
- Cambridge First English (CFE) or
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) or
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
Those who have their tertiary education in English shall normally be exempted from the requirement.
For both Malaysian and International Students
- A statement of research intent, describing what you have already done and what you hope to accomplish in your doctoral research. This is your preliminary research intent or research proposal.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
Payment Plan Options
Official Course Fee: RM 30,000 (Including Research Fee, Admission Fee & Yearly Fee)
Instalment Plan Breakdown:
- Year 1 : RM 7,810
- Year 2 : RM 7,510
- Year 3 : RM 7,510
- Year 4 : RM 7,170
Total : RM 30,000
- Research Fee : RM 27,660
- Admission Fee : RM 300
- Yearly Fee : RM 2,040
- Yearly candidature fee of RM 1,500 will be imposed on year 5 and onwards.
Important: For complete Fee Schedule - latest intake & latest course fee. Kindly request from our STUDYMASTERS.MY consultant.
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan?
Would you like to receive a Payment Plan? Request it now!
Asia e University
|Mode of Study||
Full-Time, Online, Part-Time
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Conducted in Malaysia
Yes – Fully Accredited
14 Field of Finance Research Areas + 3 Audit Subjects (Optional)
Yes, Available (4 Installments)
10% full payment discount, 50% senior citizen discount and 75% disabled discounts for Malaysian Students, Merit Scholarship and 10% loyalty discount for Malaysian and International students
You may also like…
Asia Pacific University PhD in Finance @ APU Kuala Lumpur
The PhD in Finance programme is intended to provide graduates with a foundation of education in statistics, leadership, economics, strategy and marketing. It also equips students to be efficient and effective in managing distinct challenges any organisations will face.
Class conducted at: Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)