Chevening-Khazanah ScholarshipChen Wan Lim
The Chevening-Khazanah Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (“FCO) and Yayasan Khazanah.
The programme gives awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from Malaysia to study a one-year taught Master’s degree in any field at top ranking British universities as indicated by the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings.
Chevening and Yayasan Khazanah
Chevening Awards provide a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
By partnering with Chevening, Yayasan Khazanah is able to provide more opportunities for eligible candidates to gain the invaluable experience of studying in the UK, networking with other Chevening and Chevening/Yayasan Khazanah scholars.
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Return airfares
- Arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- Thesis grants
- Grant for study materials
- Study travel allowance
- Cost of one visa application
- Travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- Application for 2018/19 Chevening-Khazanah Scholarships are now open
- Master’s Degree
Field of Study
- One-year taught Master’s degree in any field
- Any top ranking university in the UK
- Applicants must be a Malaysian citizen and intend to return to Malaysia at the end of the period of study.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that permits entry into a Master’s programme at a UK university.
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience, before submitting their Chevening application.
- Have not already received or been receiving financial benefit from a Her Majesty’s Government funded scholarship.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018 as set out in the Chevening Guidance for Applicants.
- Not hold dual nationality where one nationality is British.
- Not be employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of Her Majesty’s Government including the FCO (including FCO Posts), the British Council, DFID, MOD, BIS, UKTI and UKBA, the Association of Commonwealth Universities or Yayasan Khazanah or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries.
How to Apply
- Scholarship applications will be made through the Chevening online application system. For more information, please visit www.chevening.org/malaysia
Yayasan Khazanah, Level 27,
Mercu UEM, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact Number: (+603) 2272 6300
Fax: (+603) 2272 6311
Email Address: email@example.com